July Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: July Empties

Thursday 1 August 2013

July Empties



Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft Sensuously Smooth Shampoo & Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner - As I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm on a mission to improve my hair. I think my wedding, a year today, has kicked me into gear but also because I'm sick of my own hair and how unhealthy it is. I only want to use shampoo and conditioners which have no nasties in them from now on but I didn't want to waste all the other shampoo and conditioners I had left. The shampoo has a delicious scent and made my hair feel smooth, soft and silky (but that is what the harsh chemicals are supposed to do!) When I first used this conditioner a year ago  I loved it but I wasn't as clued up about ingredients then. I'm not an expert now but I just don't want to wash my hair in parabens and sulfates. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo Tropical - I love Batiste dry shampoo and out of all of the scents I have tried, this is definitely my favorite. It's just so fresh and clean. I have already repurchased this one but I have a few different scents in my collection now. I quite like the blonde one as it does a great job of disguising my roots! I don't use this on a daily basis - it is for emergencies only! My hair is pretty damaged and dry so I only wash it twice a week, anymore and it will become more damaged. However, some days it can be greasier than others (probably down to sulfates and chemicals in my shampoo and conditioner) and if I don't get the chance to wash it, I'll just give it a quick refresh and I'm good to go. (Please note, this is only on occasions and I'm not disgusting! A can of this lasts me forever!)

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator - I have already repurchased this as it really is gentle on my face and doesn't do any damage to my skin. I try and use it twice a week, usually before a face mask, to remove any dead skin cells. A lot of people are hating on the manual exfoliators these days but this one is full of natural ingredients and it contains fine jojoba beads which gently buff away the dead skin cells. The Liz Earle website states it is not suitable for sensitive skin so please bare that in mind. Sometimes I mix it with my Cleanse & Polish for an even gentler exfoliation.  

Anti-blemish Skinetica* - I received this in a goodie bag from a blogger event that I attended. It contains no harsh chemicals and the active ingredient is a highly sophisticated quaternary Ammonium Chloride compound combined with a Sylyl base. (How scientific does that sound?!) It does contain ethyl alcohol but I haven't found it to be drying on the skin. I applied this twice a day, morning and night before my moisturiser and I saw a difference when using it alongside La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - I caved into the hype surrounding this despite some people saying it did nothing for them or breaking them out, never the less, I purchased it. I have already repurchased it as I was amazed at the difference in my skin. The week or so between, before I managed to repurchase, my skin had returned to it's usual horrible self. This was confirmation enough that I needed to repurchase this baby. I originally purchased this in Boots while it was on 3 for 2 offer, however, I repurchased it from escentual.com when they had 20% off. So it's worth keeping your eyes peeled for offers.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser - I have been using this moisturiser for about a year now and I have repurchased over and over again. In the Winter, I use this moisturiser in the morning under my make up but opt for Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin at night. Throughout July, we have experienced some extremely hot days and I have been applying the light moisturiser morning and night. It is a lovely light moisturiser, as the name suggests, which is easily absorbed and doesn't clog pores. You can read my review here

Impulse Tease Body Fragrance Spray - Another repurchase of mine. Body spray is something I wear on a daily basis when the occasion doesn't warrant perfume such as work (I work in a school) and popping to the supermarket. This scent is my favourite impulse fragrance and I always pop a few in my basket when they are on special offer for 99p!

Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer - This concealer isn't as well loved in the 'blogosphere' than the Lasting Perfection concealer but I have been using it for just as long. I use this concealer under my eyes as I find the Lasting Perfection a little to thick for my delicate eye area. This one is illuminating so it doubles as a highlight and it is super easy to blend under the eyes. I find it doesn't crease either but I do set it with powder. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I love this powder and so do many other beauty bloggers. I get the shade transparent as I just want it to set my foundation/concealer and make my face matte. I use bronzer and blusher to add colour where I want it. It doesn't appear too chalky on the face and it mattifies my foundation. My only negative is the packaging - it isn't very sturdy which makes transporting it impossible. You can read what I think more in depth by reading my review

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...