I won the Budget Bucket List Competition!!! | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: I won the Budget Bucket List Competition!!!

Friday 9 August 2013

I won the Budget Bucket List Competition!!!

I am so excited to announce that I am the winner of the Money Supermarket Budget Bucket List Competition!!! You can see my entry here. If over 50 people entered, the prize of £1000 was going to be doubled! A staggering total of 150 people entered, which means I won £2000!! As I said in my entry, I am going to spend it on sensory toys and setting up a sensory room for my nephew, Jacob. When I told my sister, she nearly cried and I am so happy that I can treat my nephew like this. He is only 18 months old and he has had a tough life so far. We found out he had a brain tumour after a difficult 9 months or so. It was awful finding out but at least we had an explanation for everything. Unfortunately, the tumour has left him blind and the only positive is that he is too young to remember ever being able to see. He is also on numerous different hormone replacements as the tumour is on his pituitary gland. Back in April, he had his third brain surgery to remove the tumour as it was filling up on an almost weekly basis and it was really affecting him in every way possible. Due to the location of the tumour, the surgeon didn't want to remove it all and left a small amount behind. Jacob made an excellent recovery and he is so much happier. It was so heartwarming to see him laugh and smile as we hadn't seen that before. He had a scan last week to find out how everything was going. We haven't heard back yet, which is looking good as they said they would contact us if it's bad news. He will be going to Christies soon and having consultations about what they are going to do with the rest of the tumour and also what age they will do that. 

Since finding out the news that I have won, I have been online looking at sensory toys and sensory rooms and I am so excited to start building it for him. He does attend a sensory room at the moment but a lot of toys and equipment rely on sight and there are also a lot of noises in there that frighten him. I am looking forward to creating a mini sensory room that he can have all to himself, which includes toys that he loves and tailoring it to his needs. The focus will definitely be on sounds and touch. A charity that has allowed him to visit a massive sensory room in Manchester (and visit Father Christmas) is http://henshaws.org.uk/. I would love to visit that sensory room with Jacob and find out exactly what he loves there and what he doesn't. This is going off on a tangent slightly but I have actually started making jewellery again, Wish Bracelets at the moment. They are priced at £2 each and 50p from each bracelets goes to Henshaws. If you would like to have a look, it would mean the world to me, my family and Jacob. https://marketplace.asos.com/seller/handmadebyrachel

Thank you so much to Money Supermarket for making my wish to come true.

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...