Lloyds Pharmacy Haul | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Lloyds Pharmacy Haul

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Lloyds Pharmacy Haul




I have heard of Lloyds Pharmacy but to be honest I had never even thought about ordering beauty products from their online store. They have a fantastic Beauty and Fragrance section on their website that you have to check out. I imagined they would stock the usual beauty products that I am used to seeing in my local pharmacy but I was pleasantly surprised to see brands like Avene, La Roche-Posay, Korres, Vichy and Phyto. When I received an email asking me to select some products to review, I snapped up some items that had been on my wishlist for a long time. 


Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Water Spray* - Thermal water sprays have been massively raved about this Summer and it isn't surprising when we've had such a hot Summer - for a change! I have been dying to get my hands on one of these but if I'm honest I didn't want to pay so much money for water in a can! I even went as far as buying a cheap water spray and filling it myself. However, as soon as I experienced my first spray of Avene's version, I knew what I had been missing out on. My alternative was refreshing but the water was warm and it wasn't a fine, light spray like Avene's spray. As all thermal water sprays are in an aluminium can, they are kept cool even when left out in the sun (although I wouldn't recommend leaving them in direct sunlight as it is an aerosol). I'm unsure what is different between the thermal water sprays which you can purchase from different brands but I recommend sticking with brands that you know and love. 


La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.* - La Roche-Posay is a brand that is becoming a firm favourite in my skincare routine. I have already declared my love for Effaclar Duo and I have also been enjoying using suncare and their micellar water offering. Effaclar A.I. is a targeted breakout corrector, which helps to get rid of spots and prevent scarring. Spots are something I still suffer from and although I think it's hormonal acne, Effaclar Duo has made a massive improvement to the overall appearance and texture of my skin. I have only been using Effaclar A.I. for a short period of time but I have noticed a difference in the appearance of my spots. I apply it to the affected area, mainly around my mouth, morning and evening. After about a week or so, my spots have reduced in size and have become less inflamed and red in appearance. I am unsure whether to apply it with Effaclar Duo or not and if yes, before or after. Therefore, I have been alternating it slightly on a daily basis. If anyone can help me on this matter, I would appreciate it! 


Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser* - Simple is a brand that I have used for many years. I am constantly repurchasing their eye make up remover and I have also used their toner, mask and wipes. Moisturiser from Simple is something I had never considered before but I was drawn in as it was on offer for less than £2! I don't suffer from oily skin but as I suffer from spots, I prefer using moisturisers that are light. The formula is indeed light, it isn't greasy and it absorbs quickly. As with all Simple products, it contains no harsh chemicals, colours or perfumes so it's perfect even for the most sensitive skin. 



Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter* - I have seen a lot of hype surrounding the Korres Lip Butters in the past few months and I have been dying to get my hands on one. However, now I have one, I don't think I'll be able to stop there. The formula of the lip butter is beautiful, it's so moisturising whilst still leaving a lovely hint of colour on your lips. There are six scents/shades altogether and I settled for Pomegranate, which I am extremely happy with, as it is a gorgeous shade. The lip butter is a blend of shea butter and rice wax making it melt on contact with your skin and leaving a lovely, soft, moisturising, buttery layer on your lips. Mango and Wild Rose are definitely next on my wishlist! 

*These products were kindly sent to me to review

Have you ever made an order from Lloyds Pharmacy? What products are you adding to your basket?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...