July 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: July 2013 Favourites

Sunday 4 August 2013

July 2013 Favourites



Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo & Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditioner for Dry or Damaged hair - I have been using the Liz Earle hair care range for a month or so in a bid to improve my hair. I have actually just purchased my second bottles as I have been loving them that much. Prior to using this range my hair became greasy due to product build up because of all the nasties in other shampoo and conditioners. Both products contain natural ingredients to gently cleanse and hydrate hair respectively. I like the smell of both products, they smell natural and clean as there is no added fragrance. Neither contain SLS. 

Bioderma Sebium H20 Micelle Solution for Combination or Oily Skin - I have been dying to try Bioderma as there is so much hype surrounding it. When browsing French skincare on escentual.com, I came across this version which is for combination or oily skin. I thought that would be better suited for my skin and the 20% off persuaded me! I am absolutely loving it. I love the smell of it too! It does a great job of removing my make up and I have even used it on my eyes! I can report it does not sting my eyes! Result! 

Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel - This was a purchase last year before going to Majorca. My friend had recommended it for sunburn and said that's all she uses instead of after sun. Recently I have been absolutely loving it for alternative reasons. Aloe Vera is known for its soothing properties, I have been applying it to my legs after shaving. It instantly soothes my skin and keeps any of those irritated red lumps at bay. I also get my eyebrows waxed on a monthly basis. Even though I have been getting them done for at least 10 years, my eyebrows stay red for hours and hours afterwards. I apply some Aloe Vera to a cotton pad and gently sweep across my eyebrows a couple of times after having them done. It soothes them and helps the red fade quicker. A random favourite but an essential for me. 

Nourish Protect Smoothing Hand Lotion* - I received this product in a goodie bag from a blogger meet up. As I have mentioned before on my blog, hand cream is an obsession of mine. This one, from Nourish, is lovely as it adds moisture to my hands, it sinks in quickly and is not greasy. I love the scent of orange and mandarin, it's so refreshing. It also comes with a pump meaning it doesn't create mess and a couple of pumps is the correct amount for my hands so nothing is wasted. A perfect hand cream in my opinion. 

Apivita SPF 50 Face Cream for Sensitive Skin* - I received this in my goodie bag from the FABB Manchester event. I like using a high factor on my face and this came just at the right time, as we had a heat wave in the UK! It provided the perfect opportunity to test it out. When I think of factor 50, I often think the cream is going to be thick, white and greasy. This cream is the complete opposite. It has a beautiful texture that is light on my face and within a few minutes I'm ready to apply my make up. The cream is a nude shade and once applied to your face it becomes invisible. It does leave your face a little shiny but if you wait a bit longer, it does disappear. 

Barry M Touch Of Magic Lipstick TMLP - This is the perfect lipstick for everyone as the shade appears different on everyone. It works by reacting with the alkali levels in your lips. This means it will be the perfect shade of pink for your skin tone. It is a great stain for the lips and lasts for hours! Sometimes I have woken up the next day and I've still had the colour on my lips. You can read what i think in more detail here

Stylfile Nail File* - This is another item I have received in a goodie bag. I have been introduced to so many great brands through blogger goodie bags and I am very greatful. This is one of those novelty items in my opinion but it's actually useful! It makes perfect sense to use a curved nail file when filing your nails, which are curved. Obviously if you file your nails straight, a straight nail file is perfect but I very rarely see straight nails these days, most people opt for curved nails and this file makes that job simple. 

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of my favourites made your list?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...