Week 31 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Week 31

Monday 5 August 2013

Week 31


My favourite crisps in the world - Popchips // Homemade Mexican Chicken Tortilla Bake // Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion // 40,000 views on my blog - thank you so much! // New purchases // Strawberry jelly // Me in the Chiara Fashion newsletter! // New blog banner // Gorgeous blue sky // Handmade wish bracelets // My new friend! // Wedding cake! 

Hi Lovelies,

This week brings you more photos of food and more photos edited with the Beautiful Mess app. My obsession is still going strong! At the beginning of the week, I made a gorgeous Mexican Chicken Tortilla Bake. I followed a recipe but adjusted it slightly as it was for eight and only two of us were going to be eating it! It was delicious and my fiance definitely approved! Even though I usually follow recipes, I do sometimes add my own twists. I would like to start posting recipes on my blog as cooking and baking is something I enjoy. When I started my blog, almost a year ago, food posts and recipes were something I had in mind. I just have to get my head around the photographing part.

My blog reached 40,000 views this week and I am amazed that so many people have read my blog. Thank you so much! I never imagined that would happen when I created my blog last September. I absolutely love my blog and I love blogging. The blogging community is so lovely too and I'm so happy that I'm part of it as I have met so many lovely bloggers through my blog. I'm not going to name everyone here but you all know who you are. 

On Friday, I tried on my very first wedding dress!! I absolutely loved it and I instantly felt like a princess. I am going to be designing my own dress and having it custom made. My job now is to decide what I actually want so that means spending lots of time on Pinterest! I know what I want my dress to look like, there are just a few decisions I need to make like what material and how I want the back to look etc. The next post in my my wedding series will be wedding dresses as it will help me decide and it may just help someone else too. You can read the other posts in my wedding series here and here.

Last year, I used to make and sell my own jewellery. It was put on hold when I moved house and I have decided to start making jewellery again. I love wish bracelets and the idea around them. I am going to be making them and selling them to raise money for Henshaws Society for Blind People. As I mentioned in my Budget Bucket List post, my nephew is blind as a result of a brain tumour. Through Henshaws he has attended a high tech sensory room and he got to meet Father Christmas in December. I need to set up a website to sell them but in the meantime you can email me (lostinlipstick@gmail.com) and I can send an invoice via paypal. 

What have you been up to this week?

If you want to follow me on Instagram, my username is lostinlipstick. If you do follow me, make sure you leave your username below. I love finding new people on Instagram.

Rachel x 
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...