The Wedding Series - Save The Date Ideas | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: The Wedding Series - Save The Date Ideas

Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Wedding Series - Save The Date Ideas

Image from Google, edited by me


Save The Dates are by no means an essential, however, we are getting married in August which is a popular month for holidays. Therefore I want to give all our guests one years notice so they are free to attend our wedding. These days, there are a variety of Save The Date options; magnets, tea towels, postcards and regular cards to name a few. I think we have decided on a flat card style and we want handmade ones as the choices you can buy in packs from shops are just not special enough. A few weeks ago, I contacted a few handmade stationery suppliers and asked for samples to consider for our wedding.

WARNING: This post is picture heavy!

Love Story Stationery








Love Story Stationery create bespoke invitations and other wedding stationery. Rachel very kindly sent me a few different styles that had been created for other couples. She also included a few other ideas for invitations, menus, etc, which was very kind of her. Delivery was super fast and I received these within days of contacting her. Customer service was extremely good and Rachel was very friendly. Prices for Save The Dates from Love Story are approximately £2 each, which is average for a handmade invitation. I have to comment on the quality of card used, it's fantastic. Great quality used and the invites look expensive.

I Do Designs







Out of all the Save The Dates I received, I have to admit that I Do Designs sent me my favourites. Customer service from Louise was excellent. She asked me about our colour scheme and if we wanted any embellishments before creating bespoke invites just for us. We haven't decided on our colour scheme just yet so I said neutral/pale pink and I absolutely love all of these designs. The above designs range from £1.85-£2.20. My favourites are the first, second and third design. I'm struggling to choose just one! Again the card quality is fantastic, which makes the cards look like they're worth a lot more.

AJZ Craftz

Angela from AJZ Crafts provided excellent customer service. On her website, she has a variety of questions for you to answer. She uses your answers to make up several designs personal to you and your requirements. Then I received an email with photographs of a number of different designs and Angela asked which was my favourite. Once I had chosen my favourite, she made a hard copy and sent it to me. This doesn't have to be the final copy. She can work with you to change anything or add anything you require. The above Save The Dates are priced at 80p, which is a fantastic price for a handmade card. 

Indigo Flash Bespoke Stationary







Indigo Flash make bespoke stationery. I specified that I like vintage style with ribbons and pearls and as we don't have a colour scheme, I stuck with neutral/dusky pink. Sarah sent me five different designs as ideas and specified that we would take bits of the ones we like and create bespoke cards just for us. The price range of the cards pictured above, range from 85p to £1.50, which is very reasonable. They also print guest names and addresses on the envelopes, which is included in the price. My favourite has to be the one with the lace detail! Also, I love that ribbon! It makes a perfect keepsake and would be fabulous for wedding favours too! 


I think my next post will be inspiration to help me (and you) find the perfect dress as that is the next step in my wedding planning journey.

I hope you are enjoying these posts and if you are planning a wedding, I hope they are helping you. If you have already planned a wedding, please share your tips below for me and others to read. Thank you.

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...