June 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: June 2013 Favourites

Friday 12 July 2013

June 2013 Favourites


Liz Earle Eye Bright Soothing Eye Lotion - I got this in Autumn and I am still on the same bottle, although it has almost finished. It's not a product I use everyday though. In winter, I hardly ever used it, only if my eyes are tired and puffy. However with the arrival of Summer, we also say hello to hayfever. One of my symptoms is itchy eyes and when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are so puffy. I apply Eye Bright to two cotton wool pads and hold on my eyes for 5 minutes or so. The difference is amazing. I have already repurchased! 

Anti-Blemish Skinetica and La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - I have been using these together as new additions to my skincare. I am 25 and I still get spots but I'm pretty sure that it's hormonal acne. I have tried a lot of lotions and potions in my life but I've had no luck. However, about a week after using both of these products together my skin looked so much better and I only had a few small spots instead of the large red spots filled with pus that I'm used to! (Sorry for that image!) I'm not sure if it's a combination of both products or one in particular. All I do know is that I am going to continue to use both products as I love my clearer skin. I am thinking of doing a blog post about my spots and all the different things I've tried, would you like to see that? 

Lush Light Yellow Supplement - I have been using this for a couple of months now. I received it in a goodie bag from the Lush workshop I attended at the Sheffield Meet Up. I have been absolutely loving it as a foundation. We were told, if we wanted, we could mix it with our moisturiser and use it as a tinted moisturiser but I like a heavier coverage (due to my spots). There are several shades but I was matched to light yellow. It's a perfect match. When I apply it, it appears to disappear but my skin looks a lot even and some of my spots are hidden. I have one negative. Because of the size and shape of the pot, I am really struggling to get the product out now it is half empty. Has anyone got an tips for me?

Lush Emotional Brilliance Translucent Face Powder - This is another product that I received in my goodie bag. It is to be used with the colour supplements, once they are dry on your face. As with any powder, is it to set your make up and to prevent shine. In the pot it looks very pink and to be honest I was a little scared of using it at first. But I can confirm it is definitely translucent once applied to your face. It does a fantastic job of mattifying your face and setting your make up. Again, my one negative is getting the product out. I use my Real Techniqes Powder Brush to apply powder but I can't fit it in anymore now I've used half. Help please?!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blueberry - There has been a massive hype surrounding these nail polishes and I completely understand why. This is the second one I have tried and it is definitely my favourite nail polish shade at the moment. For the first time in a long time, I removed the chipped remains and painted my nails in the same colour. I think it looks really nice with my skin tone and it's a uncommon colour so I get lots of compliments on it. Without a top coat, it only lasts a day or so longer than a regular nail polish on my nails but I work in a school and I use my hands a lot! You don't need a top coat really because the polish is called hi-shine after all but if you wanted to prolong the wear time, I would recommend a top coat too. 

Dainty Doll Powder Blusher in My Girl - I'm not sure what's happening with Dainty Doll as I got mine from Fragrance Direct for only £1.99 instead of £13.50! I had never tried the brand before so when I heard about the massive saving, I knew I had to snap one up. I actually got two shades (You Are My Sunshine as well) but I definitely prefer My Girl. It is extremely pigmented. I only need a small amount of colour to create a pop of colour on my cheeks. If I only want a subtle hint of colour, I tap off any excess before applying. This leaves me with a more natural flush of colour. If Dainty Doll has been discontinued, it is a shame as the powder blushes are fantastic quality, especially for £1.99!!

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of my favourites made your list?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...