Skincare Haul + First Impressions | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Skincare Haul + First Impressions

Sunday 28 July 2013

Skincare Haul + First Impressions

I found these pictures on my computer - I completely forgot about them. Last month, I bought a few new skincare products mainly due to the 3 for 2 offer on at Boots. As it has been a month since purchasing them, I thought I would do a haul plus my first impressions because I have now had a month to try them out.







I have been wanting to try some products from La Roche-Posay for a while now. Mainly Effaclar Duo as I was curious if it worked for my skin or not. I had read many reviews about it and some people appear to love it and about half say it did nothing for them. When I saw the 3 for 2 offer in Boots, I couldn't resist any longer. I was tempted to just get 3 but I was worried in case it wasn't for me. So I decided to explore and see what else they had to offer. I picked up their Micellar Water to compare it to the one I picked up in Superdrug by B and some SPF for my face. 



So far, so good. I think it's better than the one from Superdrug by B as it dries quicker on my face allowing me to cleanse afterwards. (I only use Micellar Waters to remove make up.) I haven't tried it to remove eye make up yet as I'm scared of it irritating my eyes as they are sensitive but I will give it ago soon! It does a good job of removing my face make up, I use three small cotton pads soaked and it does a great job. It doesn't irritate my skin and it hasn't broken me out. 





There has been quite a lot of attention surrounding this product lately, some good, some bad. I have suffered from spots half of my life and hormonal acne for the last few years. I really wanted to try it out and see if it worked for my skin. After just one week of using it day and night, I noticed such a difference in my skin. I used up a full tube and I knew instantly I was going to purchase another one. However, it was about a week before I could and my spots came back! I knew it was down to not using this super product. I have since purchased another tube and my skin is slowly calming down again. I will now make sure I always have at least one stocked up! 



I had seen a few people mention La Roche-Posay SPF before but when stood facing all the products, I was overwhelmed as there appeared to be so many different varieties. I had decided on a facial SPF though as I take more care over protecting my face so I'm willing to spend more on facial products. I knew I wanted a high SPF for my face so 30-50. I saw this melt in cream and saw it was for sensitive skin. I don't particular have sensitive skin, sensitive eyes but not skin. I thought it must be gentle enough and shouldn't break me out. That's what worries me about SPF, I don't want it to clog my pores. I like the texture of this one but I do find it takes a while to soak in so if I'm applying make up afterwards, I have to wait a while. 

I have used Simple skincare for a few years now, in particular the eye make up remover which I purchase over and over again. Why fix something that isn't broken?! As mentioned above, I couldn't resist the 3 for 2 offer so I decided to see what else Simple had to offer.


For some reason, I didn't take a picture of this on its own. I think it may be because I have repurchased it a million times. To be honest, I thought I'd have a photograph of it but I don't! This is an effective eye make up remover and it does the job of removing my eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. I cannot comment on waterproof mascara as that's not what I use but I think it does mention waterproof. 





I was attracted to this product as it promised smaller pores. To be honest I haven't used this much as I'm not sure I like the texture. It's like a thick, but watery, gel. Also, I'm not entirely sure if I use it as a cleanser and toner so cutting two steps into one or as a cleanser or as a toner. For that reason it's just sat in my basket of skincare products. If you can enlighten me, please do so!



Last but no means least, I bought a deep cleansing mask. I think they are favourite types of masks, I love a bit of clay. I usually use Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask but I'm running low so I thought I could see how this compares. So far I like it. It definitely deep cleanses. If I use regularly, it keeps me skin looking clear and healthy. If I forget to use it for a while and then use it, I break out as it brings all the dirt to the surface of my skin. Lovely! I must try and get back into my face mask routine of Wednesday and Sunday. I seem to have fallen out of it.


Which skincare products have you been buying lately? Which products do you recommend I should add to my wish list?

Rachel x

Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...