Real Techniques Starter Set - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Real Techniques Starter Set - Review

Friday 26 July 2013

Real Techniques Starter Set - Review








I bought this set as I have never owned any decent eye make up brushes. In the past, when I've applied eyeshadow, I just used a brush that came with a palette and we all know how rubbish those are! I have been using Real Technique brushes for almost a year now and I absolutely love every single one I own. I don't necessarily use them for their specific use but I know lots of people don't and I find the way that works best for me. (I am planning to do a make up brush collection post and I'll share which brushes I use for which job.) 

The set includes five brushes to "boost your look with effortlessly enhanced eyes" - a base shadow brush, a deluxe crease brush, an accent brush, a pixel-point eyeliner brush and a brow brush. They all have purple, aluminium handles and as always, the bristles are made from synthetic taklon and are 100% cruelty free. All the brushes are super soft, which is especially important around the eye area. 

The base shadow brush is exactly that - it applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour. I have only used it to apply a base of powder shadow so I cannot comment on cream eyeshadow bases but I'm sure it will do just as good of a job. I use this brush to apply the base colour eyeshadow as well as highlighter on my brow bone and the inner corner of my eyes. I love this brush as it's super soft and doesn't cause any dragging of my eye lids. Also, it picks up just enough product so I don't experience fall out, even with drugstore eyeshadows. 

The deluxe crease brush has a soft, oversized design for effortless contouring. I use this brush to apply a second, sometimes third, eyeshadow colour to the outer corners and crease of my eye. Along with the base shadow brush, it is definitely one of my most used brushes from the set. It contains a lot of bristles, which are densely packed to ensure maximum colour application. 

The accent brush and pixel-point eyeliner brush are my least used brush in the set but not because they're rubbish because they're not! It's because I'm not skilled enough, or have a steady enough hand, to apply eyeliner to my lash line! Every now and again I practise and I will get there but for the mean time these only get used on my practise days! 

The brow brush has a distinctive shape to easily define your eyebrows. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I use the MUA Brow Kit to do my eyebrows. Previously, I used the brush provided, which was ok and did its job but it was tricky as the handle was so small. As this brush has a longer handle it makes it much easier to do my brows. (Side note- although the MUA Brow Kit is good, I can't help but want to try a MAC shadow for my eyebrows. I might go and get matched up soon! I really want my own MAC palette but it just works out so expensive!)

I love every single Real Techniques brush I have and I have built up quite a collection! The next ones on my list are the new duo-fibre ones and one to apply my cream blusher. Which brush do you use to apply your cream blusher? 

Do you own this set? Which are your favourite/most used brushes from the set? Which brush(es) do you recommend for me next? 

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...