My Skincare Routine - Morning & Evening | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My Skincare Routine - Morning & Evening

Sunday 21 July 2013

My Skincare Routine - Morning & Evening

I love reading blog posts and watching videos of other people skincare routines. Although it can be dangerous, as I always end up adding products to my wish list! I know my current routine will change in the near future as I want to try more Clarins skincare as I always hear beauty bloggers singing their praises. This is a routine I have been using for a long time. I have been using Liz Earle for a year and a half now. My skin is relatively normal but I suffer from hormonal acne. 





Recently, mainly because of hayfever, I have been waking up with puffy, swollen, itchy eyes. The first thing I reach for is Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. It does exactly what it says on the label - soothes my eyes. It also helps me feel, and look, more awake at 6am. I already have a backup and I will continue to repurchase, it's a miracle product! 

My next step is Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. Like a lot of people, this was my first experience of Liz Earle as my mum bought me the starter kit one Christmas and my love for the brand has grown and grown! I have previously reviewed Cleanse & Polish so I won't go into too much detail but it's a lovely cleanser and really does remove dirt and make up - the evidence is on the muslin cloth! If my skin needs a little boost and I still don't feel awake, I will soak a cotton wool pad with Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic and sweep it over my face and neck. It smells delicious and really does soothe and revitalise my skin. After this, I am ready to start the day. 

Some days I don't feel like I need Instant Boost Skin Tonic and instead I will use Anti-Blemish Skinetica*. I received this in a goodie bag that I was kindly given at a blogger event. I have been using it along with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo and the results have been amazing. I apply Skinetica with a cotton wool pad and sweep across my face. Once it has dried, I then apply Effaclar Duo just like a moisturiser. As I mentioned in my June Favourites, I don't know if it's the combination of the two or it's one product but they have really helped my skin. After a week of using both products, I noticed a massive difference in the appearance of my skin and my spots had reduced in size and quantity. 

During the warmer months, my moisturiser of choice is Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser for Combination/oily skin. I have been using Liz Earle moisturisers for over a year now and since using them, I haven't had any dry patches of skin. I used to suffer from the occasional dry patch on my cheeks but they are now a thing of the past. However, being a beauty blogger, I read many many reviews and sooner or later, I will buy an Origins moisturiser. At the moment, the only thing stopping me right now is money and the amount of choice I have in making sure I choose the right one for me! 

I am almost 26, I'm old! I am starting to see lines around my eyes plus I don't sleep very well. I am an extremely light sleeper and I wake several times during the night. Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair helps  to repair the skin around my eyes and inject a little moisture. This is the only eye cream I have used and I do want to try others. So if you have any recommendations, leave them below. 

Before applying my make up, once my moisturiser is dry, I apply Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. I suffer from quite large pores and this does a great job at smoothing and perfecting my skin for make up application. My skin almost feels like silk once applied. I use my fingers to apply this but I make sure they are clean. 

Evening






I begin my evening skincare routine with La Roche-Posay Micellar Solution. I use about three small cotton wool pads to remove my face make up. I keep telling myself, I will pick up the larger cotton pads but do I remember when I'm shopping? No! As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have sensitive eyes. I haven't attempted to use Micellar water on my eyes yet but one day I will be brave. Maybe once my hayfever has died down a little. 

Next, I remove my eye make. As mentioned several times previously, I use Simple Eye Make Up Remover. I have been using this for years as it's the only remover that doesn't sting my eyes instantly! I have to wash it off almost straight away but if I do I'm fine and it doesn't sting. It does a great job at removing mascara and eyeliner. It says it removes waterproof but I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner so I can't comment on those claims. Hopefully, I will be able to get away with just using Micellar Water to remove all make up so I can cut down on the number of products used. Then I use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to remove any last traces of make up and take the day away. If I use the make up removers and Micellar Waters, there's not much make up on my muslin cloth but sometimes there is a little. 

Twice a week, I use Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator. This is my second bottle and it really is gentle but I make sure I'm really gentle and don't scrub my face. I keep reading more and more posts about the negative features of manual exfoliators and bloggers are raving about chemical exfoliators. But if I'm honest, the word chemical scares me! I'm thinking of taking baby steps and purchasing Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. I'm going to read a few more  reviews and make my mind up. 

After using the Exfoliator twice a week, I follow with a face mask. Usually after a bath/shower so my pores are open. At the moment I am using Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask. I really love it and I can tell it cleanses deep down. I leave it on for 10 minutes as suggested and then spritz Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer before removing with one of the sponges that are supplied. However, these are fairly rough so if you have sensitive skin, maybe use a muslin cloth instead. 

I follow with Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic to close my pores and soothe my skin. Then I use Skinetica again as it's recommended that you use it morning and evening. Once dry, I follow with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo as I do in the morning. 

I then reach for my moisturiser of choice. As the evenings have been hot, I've been using Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser but if my skin appears dry or dehydrated, I use Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin. If my skin looks lifeless and dull I will replace my moisturiser with Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate as it just gives my skin that extra moisture boost it needs. 

During Summer, I have been using Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning every other day to give my skin an extra glow. I am very pale and I use factor 30/50 on my face. But my face doesn't really tan anyway, I just get lots of freckles. So I apply this to a cotton wool pad and sweep it over my face and neck. It comes on as a beautiful colour in the morning and it's not too obvious that I have fake tanned my face. If you're scared of applying fake tan to your face. I definitely recommend this. 

What are your staple skincare products? Do you have any recommendations for me to try next? Particularly moisturisers, exfoliators and face masks.

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...