Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - Review

Thursday 28 February 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - Review


I can't even remember when I bought this. I think it was in Autumn! I cannot believe I haven't reviewed it yet. Perhaps it's because I still haven't made my mind up yet. I admit that I bought this product because of the hype and it wasn't even that hyped about! Plus, I wanted a Revlon Lip Butter and Revlon products were on offer so I picked this up too! Why not?! I chose the shade Honey as it was the lightest shade and the shade that I though would suit me the most.

Revlon describe these as 'a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon'. They are designed to give 'softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of colour that lasts hour after hour'. I would have to agree and say they left my lips soft and moisturised. I was quite surprised actually as the crayon is quite hard but it's still packed with moisture. When first applied, I love the colour and shine that is left on my lips. However, after an hour or so when I look in the mirror the colour has changed slightly. I can't really describe it. It can't only be me, surely? But at first I like the shade and it suits my skin tone but an hour later it doesn't suit my skin tone?!

On first application, the balm stain has a menthol scent, which is slightly strange but refreshing in a way. If you're not a fan of this scent, it wears away after several minutes. I love how the crayon is twistable meaning no sharpener is needed. Making this product fuss free and mess free. For £7.99, I would say these are slightly expensive for a drugstore brand as you only get 2.7g worth of product. However, I reckon it will last a while.

This is the only shade I have. The Boots website says there are 12 shades to choose from but they only list 7. I'm not sure if that's because the others have sold out or we don't have them in the UK. I would like to try some different shades as I love the formula but I'm not sure Honey is for me.

Have you tried the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains? Which shades do you recommend?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean with this colour..I went for it as it was the most "natural" of them, but I just don't warm to it. It's definitely more honey than the pinky tone on the packaging..

    Thankyou for commenting on that blog post! Very excited to see someone else going :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they bring out some more shades that are more suited to my skin tone as I love the formula. I'm looking forward to it so much and meeting everyone.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...