My Haircare Routine - Shampoo | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My Haircare Routine - Shampoo

Friday 22 February 2013

My Haircare Routine - Shampoo

This is going to be a three part post - shampoo, conditioner and then after care/treatments. I love reading haircare/skincare posts so I thought I would share my routines and the products I use. First up is shampoo. I'm not loyal to a particular brand as I haven't found a miracle shampoo just yet. There are currently seven shampoos in my 'collection'. Is seven a bit excessive? They all have different jobs, well mostly, so I feel like they are justified! They are in no particular order. I photographed them in height order (roughly!). My hair is pretty dry and damaged from years of heat and colour. It's naturally curly and very frizzy but I often wear it straight. 






Keratin Complex Keratin Color Care Shampoo - This is almost empty. I'll probably get one or two more uses out of it. My mum got me the shampoo and conditioner last Christmas. They've lasted because I have so many other shampoos and I've tried to make it last as long as possible. This shampoo is sodium chloride and sulphate free, so no nasties are being put on your hair! I think it has quite a weird scent to it that I'm not so keen on. But it does leave my hair feeling super smooth and nourished.
Edit: Since writing this I have finished all of the shampoo!

Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft Shampoo - I think I picked this up in Boots because it was on offer, I can't remember though. I have used this shampoo before and I think it's quite good for the price. It's for dry, damaged and frizzy hair, which are the three words I would use to describe my hair! I don't have the money to use high end haircare products every time I wash my hair, so I use drugstore brands in between. This has a lovely fruity smell and leaves my hair feeling clean and fairly conditioned. Some shampoos make my hair feel really dry and knotty but this is quite moisturising for a shampoo.

Paul Mitchell Strength Super Strong Daily Shampoo - My parents seem to like buying me hair products for Christmas as this was in a set I received this year! I absolutely love this range. It makes my hair feel nourished and I have actually noticed a difference in the strength. I wouldn't describe it as 'Super Strong' just yet, but I have noticed less breakage. I have been finding I need quite a bit of both the shampoo and conditioner though, which is not good! I don't think they will last a lot longer. They leave my hair feeling soft, silky and shiny! It's like looking at someone else's hair! 

Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo - I use this shampoo once a week, usually on a Sunday, as my detox shampoo. I can't afford Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo but I would love to try it out. Until then, this is a cheap alternative. My hair can sometimes feel heavy from build up as I do use quite a few products and this is great at thoroughly cleansing my hair. I like having freshly washed and 'squeaky' clean hair on a Monday. I do find it leaves my hair a little 'squeaky' but once I have applied conditioner I don't have a problem. 

Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straightened Protection Shampoo - I picked this up just after Christmas in a set for £7 but I actually used Boots points so I got it for free! However, it wasn't till I got home that I noticed the shampoo was for fine/normal hair, which is the complete opposite of mine! It doesn't moisturise my hair and it actually makes my hair feel dry but it cleanses it so I use a hair mask when using this shampoo. I don't really have anything else to say about this. I would like to try the version for thick hair though. 

Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo - This a fantastic product from AVON. I prefer it over other shampoo products from AVON. However, I much prefer the oil and mask from this range (more to come on these when I discuss the treatments that I use.) After just one use of this range my hair felt amazing. However, each time I've used it since, it just doesn't feel the same. Maybe in the long run I will notice a difference. This is my second bottle but I'm not sure I will purchase it again. 

Pro:Voke Touch Of Silver Twice A Week Brightening Shampoo - Even though it's called twice a week brightening shampoo, I only use it once a week as I don't wash my hair enough times in the week to use it twice. That might sound disgusting to some people but my hair is very dry and I only wash it when it's greasy, which is usually 3 times a week. If I wash it any more, my hair would just be in worse condition. I use this shampoo along with the conditioner to keep my colour fresh so it doesn't appear brassy. I have noticed a slight improvement but there has been weeks where I've forgot and I desperately need to do my roots. I say roots but it'll look like I've had Ombre done soon!

How many shampoos do you own in your 'collection'? Do you recommend any shampoo based on my hair type?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

7 comments:

  1. Just found you throught the Share the Love blog hop. I'm a complete haircare addict so 7 shampoos seems pretty normal to me! I also have the Tresemme Deep Cleansing and use it as you do - once a week or so. I actually may have just found a perfect shampoo and conditioner - Percy & Reed Colour and Shine which I've just reviewed on my blog. Pop over and have a read if you have time.

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I have a Percy & Reed Conditioner that I received free from Glamour. There are more Percy & Reed goodies next month too!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I own 17 bottles of shampoo :D I really want to try Paul Mitchell products, I always find better luck with salon quality products than drugstore shampoos!
    Visiting from the #bbloggers blog hop xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17!?! I thought 7 was bad! Which different brands do you use?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Think I'll try the Keratin Complex - trying to go completely sulphate free after grappling with frizz. I have four sulphate-frees in my bathroom, two shampoo bars from Lush and two sulphates - so nine in all. Eeek!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer from frizz too. So does cutting out sulphates help?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. It sounds really lovely,It is an art to stop and attract visitors with their brilliant writing skills.This author really knows how to bring traffic to his site. Thanks for sharing.


    haircare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...