MUA Nail Polish in Amaretto Crush - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: MUA Nail Polish in Amaretto Crush - Review

Thursday 17 January 2013

MUA Nail Polish in Amaretto Crush - Review




Yes, you read that correctly! £1! Bargain! This is one of MUA's newer shades, released in Autumn 2012. A lot of people have said they prefer the new shades as they have names rather than numbers. To be honest it doesn't particularly bother me but naming a nail polish a number is pretty boring. MUA is such an affordable brand for everyone, does it really matter? 

This is the first nail polish I have bought from MUA but I thought it was time I give them a try as I have used so many of their other products and loved them. One thing that put me off is the size of the bottle. It's tiny and doesn't fit nicely in my nail polish collection! OCD! Again it's only £1 and lets be honest, do we really use all the nail polish in a larger bottle or does it go off before we get chance to! I know mine does, it usually dries out, but I have a large nail polish collection!

The polish is actually really good quality for £1. I was pleasantly surprised. One thing that annoyed me was the small brush but that's down to the small bottle. It was quite difficult to apply with such a small brush. The polish, at first, applied a little textured but soon smoothed out. I only needed two coats and the colour was opaque. I used Models Own 3-in-1 as a base coat and as I was in a hurry, I didn't apply a top coat. Without a top coat, it lasted two days before it began to chip because of housework! So with a top coat I reckon it would last about 4 days, which is totally amazing for £1! 

I will definitely purchase more shades of nail polish from MUA. I do wish the bottles were the standard size so they wouldn't look so out of place in my collection. I would pay more. Maybe if they double the size and double the price!

Have you tried any nail polish from MUA? Which shades do you recommend?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

15 comments:

  1. Great colour! I got one like this from Topshop a while back for £6 but this ones so much more affordable! Nice review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? That's good to know that it's a dupe for a Topshop colour. Do you know what the shade is called?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Lovely girly colour!!

    I am currently running an International lipstick giveaway (MAC & more)
    http://www.mintyessence.com/2013/01/my-first-milestone-giveaway.html

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a lovely shade. Bargain price. I never know what colours suit my skin tone but to be honest if I like the colour, I'm not sure I care!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous colour for MUA! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah It's beautiful, first one I've tried as well!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Havent tried any from MUA yet...nice colour though!!
    new follower from the #bbloggers blog hop
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them. They are fantastic quality for £1 and they have quite a few colours. I want more shades!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. Hey I thought I would let you know I nominated you for a blogger award! http://builtlikeapinup.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/my-nomination-for-liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I'm a new follower!

    Www.countrybumpkinlover.blogspot.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. MUA Nail colours are a serious bargain, such a pretty colour too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bargain indeed! I need more shades!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  8. This is the second post I've read saying good things about MUA nail polish. I love their other stuff so I will definitely be purchasing one of these when I am back in the UK. Unfortunately they don't have trusty old superdrug in Buenos Aires where I am based at the moment!
    www.emma-louwagstaff.blogspot.co.uk <-- Here's my site if you are interested in taking a look.
    I found yours via the blog hop so I thought I would come and say hi! Hope you have a nice day :)
    E-L xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've only tried this one so far but I have another one to try that I will very soon!

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...