January Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: January Empties

Thursday 31 January 2013

January Empties


Sorry guys I had to take this picture in the snow! It was too hard to resist! I think it looks pretty cool and it's making the most of the natural light that we have at Winter time (which is not a lot). This is my very first empties post and I'm excited to be doing it. I love reading blog posts and watching videos on YouTube of empty products. It shows which products people are actually using and get their real opinions once they've used all the product up and not just for one day! Some of these items I have reviewed and I will leave the links for them below. But I plan to leave a mini review on this post anyway. 

Schwarzkopf Kids Supersoft Detangling Spray - This has lasted a long time! I use it every time I wash my hair. I have long, thick hair and after shampooing and applying conditioner my hair can become quite knotty. I simply spray this all over my hair, focusing on the ends, and comb through. My hair is very damaged and I'm always worried that I will damage it further by combing whilst knotty. It doesn't make my hair greasy or weigh it down. I absolutely love the scent of milk and strawberries. It's sweet yet refreshing. I will definitely be repurchasing (if they still make this). If not, I will be on the look out for another detangling spray. Do you have any recommendations? I think I want a Tangle Teezer too!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - This needs no introduction! This is probably Liz Earle's most sold product and it has won a variety of awards. I have been using this for a year and I have repurchased it several times and I will continue to repurchase it for a long time. I love how luxurious it feels on my face and I like how it dissolves my make up. I use a muslin cloth with the cleanser and it gives my face a daily gentle exfoliate, which leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft.

Impulse Body Spray Tease - You can't beat an Impulse body spray! I reckon everyone has bought at least one Impulse body spray in their life! Out of all the fragrances that I have tried, Tease is my favourite and it's the one that I bulk buy when I see it on offer for 99p! Bargain. I have noticed actually that they have repackaged them. I have been using them that long, I remember them having a different packaging before the above design! I use a body spray on a daily basis. I want to smell nice but I work in a school so I don't particularly want to waste my perfumes. Especially as I have an expensive taste in perfume!

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - I have sensitive eyes and I've found this the only bearable eye make up remover that I have tried. But I still have to rinse if off straight away. If I don't, my eyes sting so much. Not good. I use this to remove my eye make up then follow with Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to remove the rest of my make up. The remover isn't oily, which is a good thing as I can't stand putting oily removers on my eyes. This is another product that I have purchased over and over again and I will continue to unless I find something that doesn't sting my eyes!

Liz Earle Skin Repair Normal/Combination Moisturiser - I bought this in October and I have been using it every night since. It's lasted me three months before I ran out, which I think is pretty good going. Luckily, I had already repurchased it so I will continue to apply it each night until mid Spring to keep my skin moisturised. I think it will be too much for my skin in Summer and possibly late Spring/early Autumn so I will use it for a half a year each year before switching back to using just the light version morning and night.

Avon Advance Tecniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Mask - Another product that I've already repurchased. I'm not stuck in a beauty rut! Why fix something if it's not broken? I use this hair mask 3 to 4 times a month. Usually once a week if I remember! As I mentioned in my review, I only apply this to the ends of my hair. It leaves my hair feeling smooth, soft, silky and manageable. Result! This is supposed to be £5.50 but it's almost always on offer for around £3. 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

6 comments:

  1. Love the photograph! Hahah I want to try out that simple eye makeup remover!
    Hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried pretty much all of the Avon Moroccon oil products but the mask, next on my hit list! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think of the other products? I have reviewed those as well. I prefer the mask and the oil over the shampoo and conditioner.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Ahh love the photo choice, creative use of the weather :D

    Liz Earle cleanse and polish will always be a repurchase in my books. By the way I'm following you from the bloggers blog hop :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it's amazing! I have been using it for a year now.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...