Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Review

Friday 4 January 2013

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Review




I've never been particularly happy with the concealers I've used in the past. They have always been cheaper concealers from Boots or Superdrug. I was prepared to pay more for a higher quality product until I saw all the hype surrounding this product. I read numerous reviews on other beauty blogs which all raved about how great this concealer was. They claimed it was long lasting and provided excellent coverage. All for £4.19?! Only one way to find out...

I have to 100% agree. I'm on my second already and I have two others stocked up! Because of the price and status in the beauty world, they are quite hard to get hold of. When I go to Boots or Superdrug, they are either sold out of my shade or someone has decided to use them all. Who does that? I think Collection should maybe apply something to stop this from happening, then we would know if someone has already used the one we're buying or not. I think it's disgusting. Anyway I digress. Therefore, when I do see my shade I pick up two or three. They are often on offer 3 for 2 as well, which makes them even cheaper!

They come in four shades; fair, light, medium and deep. I use light as fair looked a little too fair for me. Even though it's soft and creamy, I only use this on my spots and around my nose as I find it too thick to use under my eyes. I don't mean it's too thick to blend but the skin around my eyes is extremely thin. I apply it before my foundation and I use the Real Techniques Foundation Brush to blend. The concealer is buildable so if I have a really pesky spot, I just apply another layer. I don't find it cakey at all and it blends quite well. It provides excellent coverage for a drug store brand that costs £4.19. Bargain! Collection claims it lasts 16 hours. I can't say I agree with this. It lasts a while but if applied in the morning, I do need to reapply if I'm going out in the evening.

This is my favourite concealer and I will continue to use it for a long time. I'm 25 and I still suffer from spots so that will be a long time then! If you have been hiding under a rock and haven't used this concealer, I urge you to nip down to Boots or Superdrug and purchase right away! Oh, just in case you were wondering, I use Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer under my eyes. I will review this soon.

What are you thoughts on this concealer? Which concealer is your favourite?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

12 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that I need to repurchase this! Great review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad I reminded you! How could you forget though?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. It's £3.69 in Boots at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I actually saw that the other day. I meant to mention that in my review but I forgot so thanks for bringing that up! Super bargain! Go stock up everyone!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Hiya, great review! I've not tried this one. Im using the Rimmel Match Perfect for under my eyes and Maybelline Superstay concealer for spots. I haven't found a concealer that is good at doing both so I have 2 different ones haha. For the price this is definitely worth a try xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't tried it? I hope you've heard of it! If not where have you been? It's a fantastic concealer.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. This is my favourite concealer too! It's just brilliant.... and no high end concealer is anyway near as good! xx (New follower)
    Gem | MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't go wasting my money then!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. This is deffo one of my fave makeup buys! If I don't want to wear foundation, but still want to cover my blemishes up I dot this where I need it and blend it with my real techniques buffing brush and set with loose powder, it looks nice and natural :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all time favourite concealer, so amazing for the price! I tried using my Bobbi Brown concealer again the other day but it didn't do as good job as the Collection one x
    Love your blog btw- new follower :)

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I bet the price is slightly higher as well. I just hope Collection don't put the prices up too high because they know everyone loves it!

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...