Professional Beauty Haul | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Professional Beauty Haul

Monday 3 November 2014

Professional Beauty Haul

Two weeks ago, I attended Professional Beauty North held in Manchester Central. I had a great day and enjoyed seeing the buzz at the annual beauty event as I had never been before. I will definitely go back next year, maybe with more money so I can treat myself even more! I hardly took any photos during the day so I didn't want to write a blog post about the event but as I purchased quite a few goodies, I thought I'd share what I picked up.



At an event in Summer, I had a manicure using OPI products. I didn't have any chips and the polish looked great for almost two weeks! Ever since, I have been dying to get my hands on OPI base coat and top coat. At PBN, I finally managed to pick up the top coat. Also, I picked up Nail Envy. Since having acrylic nails three months ago for my wedding, my nails have been in terrible condition. It was on special offer along with Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Oil for the same price. Bonus! I haven't had a chance to try any of these out yet as I have Calgel on my nails. I'll let you know how I get on with them.



I went to PBN with Rachael and she wanted to have a look at the Sleep In Rollers as she has wanted some for quite a white. When we found the stand, all Sleep In Rollers sets were £10. Well I couldn't resist could I and picked up a set for myself! We both chose the Mega Bounce Gift Set which includes a hair dryer hood so curls can be created in 20 minutes. The box said inside there would be 10 original rollers and 10 Mega Bounce rollers but we both got 20 Mega Bounce and it also said it includes a DVD tutorial but we're both missing that too. So I'm pretty disappointed with this purchase before I've even used it.


Coconut Oil is such a wonderful product and can be used is so many different ways. Finally, I've got my hands on my own tub! It can be used in the kitchen during cooking or baking as well as several different beauty uses. Coconut Oil is a great moisturiser, a nourishing hair mask and many many more fantastic things. I cannot wait to start using coconut oil in everyday life and I'm thinking of doing a blog post in the future to share all the uses I find. I'd be interested to hear any unusual uses you've discovered. 



I think this was our last purchase of the day. The girl as the stand demonstrated the product on our arms and it safe to say we were amazed! It's quick, easy, painless hair removal; who doesn't want that?! It was £20 but we have several replacement pads which each last 3 months so it's definitely worth it. No more waxing, shaving, plucking, etc. I think the technique needs to be mastered as I couldn't get my legs as smooth as she did but practise makes perfect so I'll keep trying. 

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...