Five Essence Lipsticks | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Five Essence Lipsticks

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Five Essence Lipsticks



From left to right - Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 10 Cotton Candy (I can't find this online so I don't know if it's been discontinued or not) // Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 13 Love Me // Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 01 Coral Calling // Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 12 Blush My Lips // Essence Long Lasting Lipstick 02 All You Need Is Red

Introduced to me in June, Essence was an unfamiliar brand which I have grown to love. The products, which average at £2, are high quality at affordable prices. At the UK Launch event in Manchester back in June, I was kindly gifted some fantastic products. Within the products were five of the Long Lasting Lipsticks in a great variety of colours. The full range includes nudes, pinks, corals and reds.

The five shades I have are; Cotton Candy which reminds me of Barbie Pink, Love Me which is an almost nude but kind of bright pink, Coral Calling is exactly that; a coral lipstick with pink undertones, Blush My Lips is a bright fuchsia pink, and All You Need Is Red is a sheer red which would be perfect for newbies.

The lipsticks do have a scent which is neither pleasant or unpleasant in my opinion. They seem a little moisturising as some lipsticks can be very drying. The finish of the lipsticks are similar to Cremesheen from MAC. They aren't too glossy but they're not matte either; a happy medium. They can be applied sheer or layered on for a more intense colour. All colours seem extremely pigmented.

I love the imprinted logo on the bullet; it makes the product feel much more luxe and I actually find the packaging to be quite sleek. The ring of colour is an excellent touch and allows you to identify the shade of lipstick that you want from your collection.

Considering the name of the lipstick is Long Lasting, I wouldn't say they are particularly long lasting which is unfortunate. Maybe 2-3 hours wear but I have found it to be less if I'm eating or drinking. This is the only negative that I can find and the lipsticks are so affordable therefore you can stock up several shades and have a wider variety in your make up collection.

Essence is available in Wilkinsons stores nationwide and they have their very own store in Westfield and Manchester Arndale. Within the Arndale, the store which is like a pop up shop, is located on the top floor actually just outside Wilkinsons! As I mentioned earlier, the average price is just £2 so you can be sure to pick up some great quality bargains!

Is Essence a brand you're familiar with? Have you used the products before? Any standout products for you?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...