#NorthMeetUp | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: #NorthMeetUp

Friday 26 April 2013

#NorthMeetUp


On Sunday 7th April, I attended the highly anticipated #NorthMeetUp organised by Emma from EmTalks. As soon as I heard about the event, I contacted Em and I was very lucky to get a place as there were only space for 50 bloggers. The event was held at Revolution Deansgate in Manchester. It was great to see a big blogger event being organised up North. I've only been blogging since September last year but I know most events are held in London.

Image from Katie at Gold Dust

Image from Em at EmTalks

I met lots of lovely bloggers there including Katie from Gold Dust, who I had previously met briefly at the Harvey Nichols Beauty Bloggers event back in November. I also met Kelsey from Kelsey DawnEmma from Glossy BoutiqueBobbi from Beauty By BobbiNafisah from Bamblings of NaffyNikki from Beauty Shaker (who gave out the fabulous Anne Semonin goodie bags and actually works where I go on holiday nearly every year! Small world!) and obviously Em as she organised it!



A lot of hard work and organisation had gone into the event. I want to say a massive thank you to Em as I had a truly fantastic day and met some amazing bloggers. We had our own private room upstairs and we all felt like VIPs. Em had arranged for eyebrow technicians, fake tanners, nail artists and make up artists to be there. There were giveaways throughout the day and I won a Neom Hand Lotion! Some amazing brands sponsored the meet up. There were talks from Xen-Tan, Glam Glow and Arbonne. I think a few more were arranged but it was very noisy and there wasn't a microphone so it was very difficult to hear.

Em had arranged with Revolution for us to have 2 for 1 cocktails and cupcakes and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts were supplied all day! We were well and truly spoilt! Seeing all the bloggers with their fancy cameras, only made me want one even more! But I have no money. I'll have to pop one on my Christmas list this year and hope Santa brings me one. I even had 'business cards' made to hand out but completely forgot to give any out! Ha!









We walked away with so many goodies. I actually struggled on the train. Luckily, it was only a short journey. It's amazing to see how many brands wanted to sponsor a North event. Em did an amazing job at organising and putting on this amazing event. Hopefully, I can attend another event she organises in the future. She definitely has a talent!

I am planning to review a lot of the products that we received in our goodie bags. Unfortunately, the weather up North doesn't allow for good photos! I think I need to invest in some daylight bulbs (I know nothing about this, please help!)

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

2 comments:

  1. Woooww!!! Bloggers meetup are always fun <3 All of you looked gawjuss <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah it was a great day!

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...