Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Review

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - Review





My lips always seem to be chapped, especially in the colder months. It makes applying lipstick a bit of a nightmare. I used to use an old toothbrush to gently scrub my lips, which would be smothered in Vaseline.  This worked but wasn't ideal as I had nowhere to keep the toothbrush and it got quite dirty. Not very hygenic! When I first heard that Lush had lip scrubs, I had to get one. I actually bought Bubblegum a year or two ago but I lost it in November when I moved house. I searched high and low but to no avail, I could not find it. I caved in and purchased a new one. They have gone up in price since I bought my last one but I knew it was worth it and I had to have it. (Obviously since I bought my new one,  the fairies returned my old one! But it turns out it went off in September so maybe someone was telling me to buy a new one.)

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub contains castor sugar, which is the ingredient that 'scrubs' your lips, and organic jojoba oil to moisturise your lips. It also contains flavourings to give it that delicious scent and taste! As well as colours to give it the bright pink colour. The lip scrub is suitable for Vegans and is preservative free. I apply a small amount to dry lips (it's important that you don't get water in the pot as the sugar clumps together if you do and makes it very difficult to use) and gently buff away the dry skin. It is safe to 'eat' so Lush suggest licking your lips afterwards but the very thought disgusts me as it means you would be eating the dead skin from your lips! Therefore, I use water to wash the scrub away and just lick my lips to get the remaining flavour.

This is the only flavour I have used but many other beauty bloggers love some of the other ones. I definitely recommend the Lush lip scrubs. They leave your lips smooth, moisturised and more importantly, ready for lipstick! I think it's gentle enough to use everyday and I do just that. I use it before I go to bed and pop on some lip balm before I go to sleep.

Have you used Lush lip scrubs before? What's your favourite flavour?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

4 comments:

  1. I love Lush lip scrubs, got this one and Popcorn :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried this one. I'll get a different one when I've finished this one but I'm not gonna use two before they go off!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I've always been tempted by this, might invest in some next winter
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it in the summer too. I don't just have dry chapped lips in winter. Perfect for all year round.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...