March Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: March Empties

Saturday 6 April 2013

March Empties



Keratin Complex Keratin Color Care Conditioner - I finished the shampoo off last month and finished the conditioner earlier this month. As I mentioned in My Haircare Routine on shampoo, I got this in Christmas 2011. They lasted me as long as they did because I have so many other shampoo and conditioners and I tried to make them last as they are expensive! The conditioner is sodium chloride and sulphate free, which means no nasty chemicals on your hair. I'm not too keen on the scent. In my opinion it smells a little bit like chemicals?!? It did leave my hair feeling smooth and soft but so do other cheaper conditioners. Therefore, I will not be repurchasing. 

Charles Worthington Protect Heat Defence Spray - I actually really liked this heat spray and it lasted me a long time. I have used many different heat protectant sprays in the past and many left a residue on my hair. Even GHD spray, for different hair types, left my hair feeling sticky and it was too heavy. When I spray Charles Worthington Protect Heat Defence Spray, a light mist coats my hair and a little goes a long way. I am currently using Trevor Sorbie Heat Protector as I got it in a set from Boots but I will probably repurchase this in the future. You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug.

VO5 Hot Oil Give Me Moisture In-Shower Treatment - I have to admit, I purchased this because Lily from llymlrs.com raved about it so much. I love anything novelty and the fact I get to apply this before I wash my hair, excites me! What an exciting life I lead! I used this once a week and considering the thickness and length of my hair, one of the measured applications was enough. I had full intentions to repurchase this until I read Fee's post from makeupsavvy.co.uk. She did a test using VO5 Hot Oil on one side of her hair and olive oil on the other. According to her results, she noticed one difference and that was the side she used olive oil on was less tangled. I have already purchased a bottle of olive oil! 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - After reading my February Empties, the lovely people at Liz Earle informed me that 100 ml is supposed to be a months supply. This made me feel better as I was worried that I was using too much! It would be more economical for me to buy larger bottles but I purchase the monthly essentials and 100 ml is what's supplied. There's not much more I can say here without repeating what I've already said. If you want to know more, you can read my review here.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Light - This is the fourth bottle of this moisturiser which I have finished in just over a year of using Liz Earle skincare. If that doesn't tell you how much I love it, I don't know what will?! The light moisturiser is suitable for combination/oily skin, which is perfect for my skin type. During winter, I used the moisturiser for normal/combination skin at night as the cold weather made my skin drier than usual. Since we are now in spring (and hopefully the weather will warm up soon!) I have started to use this morning and night again. It provides the perfect amount of moisture for my skin and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. You can read in more detail what I thought about this moisturiser here.

Impulse Tease Body Spray - As I mentioned in my January Favourites, I love this body spray. I've lost count of how many I have used but it's a lot! I always pick a few up when it's 99p and I currently have about 3 in my back up stash! They're the perfect size to throw in your handbag as well and I always have a body spray in there. (However, currently I have a different body spray which I am trying to finish off!) You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - It's safe to say this concealer has taken the beauty world by storm and it's definitely the best concealer I've used. At £4.19, who can complain. It is long lasting and provides great coverage on spots and blemishes. The only negative - it claims to last 16 hours, it definitely doesn't! But it does last quite a few hours. I use the shades fair and light. Although I have found light to be too dark on my skin in winter when my skin is at it's palest. Hopefully, as the weather warms up so will my skin tone and light will be suitable. You can read in more detail what I thought about this concealer here. You can purchase this from Boots or Superdrug.

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

3 comments:

  1. I love the concealer too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try some of the liz earle products! :)

    Jo xx
    http://www.a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Liz Earle, you must try them! I 100% recommend them.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...