Barry M Croc Nail Effects Nail Paint - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Barry M Croc Nail Effects Nail Paint - Review

Thursday 13 September 2012

Barry M Croc Nail Effects Nail Paint - Review


Two years ago, when I first tried 'crackle' nail polish I loved it and was addicted. I had it on my nails everyday! I always received compliments from the public when I was out, asking how I did my nails or even where I had them done! It was always entertaining to see their face when I said I did them myself! Fast forward a year or so and people seemed to be a bit bored with 'crackle' nails, I think they had probably been over done. To be honest though, I still love the original crackle polish over gold nail polish, I just think the effect is so striking. 

Fast forward to 2012, and Barry M have created a new version of crackle nail polish, Croc Nail Effects which creates a mock-croc style pattern. The polish is currently available in Black or Burgundy. Personally, I went for black as it goes better with more colours.

Instructions are included on the side of the bottle, these are:
1.Apply a thin coat of your chosen nail vanish.
2. Wait 1 to 2 minutes until mails are touch try. Do not apply to dry polish.
3. Apply a thin coat of Croc Nail Effects.
4.After 3 minutes the effect will start to appear.

When painting my nails, I always start with a base coat as some nail polishes stain and yellow nails are not a good look! So I began with a base coat and let this completely dry. I then followed step 1. I chose 17 High Gloss Nail Polish in Sphinx. I applied one thin-ish coat of nail polish and waiting about two minutes before applying Croc Nail Effects.


 You are instructed to apply a thin coat of Croc Nail Effects, however I found this difficult as I wanted to ensure the whole nail had been coated. Once all my nails were black it was just a case of waiting. The bottle says after 3 minutes the effect will start to appear. This seems like a long time, as the original crackle polish is instant, however from looking at the lid of the bottle I thought it was worth the wait. I had read a few reviews before painting my nails, some suggested the effect doesn't appear till after 5 minutes! Others suggested using a hair dryer to speed up the process, although a few people said this made the shapes on the nail smaller and not as effective. So I followed the instructions and waited. The following pictures show the effect 'developing' over 5 to 6 minutes.



This is the first time I have used Croc Nail Effects and to be honest, I am not impressed. The effect looks nothing like mock-croc or the lid for that matter! In my opinion, I followed the instructions and I did not achieve the desired effect. It kind of looks like I've used a mega cheap brand to create the crackle effect and my sister said my nails offend her! I will give it another chance and try again a few times. I think next time I will try to paint the Croc Nail Effects on thinner. And I'll probably give the hair dryer suggestion a go!





Have you used Croc Nail Effects? Did you get the desired result?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...