Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Lotion - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Lotion - Review

Friday 7 September 2012

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Lotion - Review


I bought this a few months ago before I went on holiday to Majorca. I am quite pale and I don't really tan. I was looking for a gradual tanning moisturiser to help me look like I'd actually been on holiday(!) and one that didn't have that usual fake tan 'biscuity' smell. I have used Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Lotion before, I loved the texture and the smell, so I thought this was a winner before I used it.

The bottle states that it is a gradual tanning moisturiser but says it is suitable for all skin tones. I was a bit confused at the last statement as usually fake tans come in several shades such as light, medium and dark. I usually go for light. As I was a bit skeptical, I tested it out when I wasn't actually going anywhere and it's a good job I did!

I applied the lotion in the morning, the lotion has a lovely texture and the smell is delicious. I actually walked around my house sniffing my arm! However, by the evening the tan had developed and it was far from gradual, I looked like I had been tangoed! A positive is that the lotion doesn't really have the strong biscuit smell, only slight and up close once it's fully developed.

The back of the bottle says to apply daily until you achieve the desired level of colour, as I am fair this was only once. If you have darker skin you may need to apply more than once. I will continue to use this product as it is a lovely moisturiser with a delicious smell, I will just be applying it when I know I'm having a night out and I haven't got days to build up a gradual tan. I suppose I'll get more out of it that way. (I like looking at the positives!)

The bottle that I bought had a pump system which is brilliant as you can just squirt out how much you need. Not sure how that'll work when there isn't much left. I'm sure I find out in a few months!

You can buy this product from Boots, currently it's £5.35 on the website, but there are usually offers in store like 3 for 2.

Have you tried this product? Do you have a favourite gradual tanning moisturiser?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...