MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup - Review

Friday 21 September 2012

MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup - Review


Believe it or not, this is my first ever MAC lipstick! In the past, when I have walked past the MAC counter in Selfridges, I have felt like I didn't belong and I've carried on walking. It's difficult to describe, I don't feel threatened, just uncomfortable. But I decided to bite the bullet, take the plunge and buy my first MAC product! I went for lipstick as it fits the blog name and I had read so many positive reviews and comments about MAC lipsticks that I just had to try them for myself.

I was shopping on a Saturday, maybe not the best day to pop into MAC in hindsight! All the staff were rushing around and it was difficult to even look at the lipsticks, it was that busy! They had that many shades and finishes of lipstick that I honestly didn't know where to begin. So I started by asking someone to help me. I approached a woman at the till who was busy, but she wasn't serving any customers. She managed to find someone to help me find a lipstick. He sat me down on a stool and asked me what colour I would like, I replied with a nude lipstick with a hint of pink. He then picked out a shade and applied Creme Cup on my lips with a brush.

The lipstick feels moisturising and it glides on my lips effortlessly, with and without a brush. It is part of the cremesheen lipsticks, which have a creamy texture and keep your lips soft. It also provides a subtle shine. The scent is delicious, a yummy vanilla scent that makes me want to lick my lips! I find that just a few coats create the perfect nude/pink shade that compliment my skin tone, however one too many coats and it's too pink. On the MAC website it is described as a light blue pink.

I am impressed with this lipstick, I like the shade and I love the creamy moisturising formula. Before repurchasing, I will be testing different shades to find my favourite one. I think I'll try and save this lipstick for special occasions at first, £14 is quite steep for a lipstick but the formula is so good, so maybe it's worth it!

Have you tried Creme Cup? What is your favourite shade of MAC lipsticks?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

5 comments:

  1. Lovely blog post Rachel :) well done!

    I don't own a single mac lipstick (surely a crime?!) but two are on my birthday list so fingers crossed.

    Great post

    Kate
    Xo

    ashropshiresweetheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yes! I'm pretty sure the beauty police will come and arrest you any minute...

      Fingers crossed you get some for your birthday :)
      Have a great day!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Great review :D this was my 1st ever MAC lipstick and it's still an ultimate favorite of mine :D i have a back up just in case i run out haha

    Just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love it and this review :D so i'm your newest follower :)
    Would love it if you'd stop by and take a peek through mine - https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/sophiameola

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :D this was my 1st ever MAC lipstick and it's still an ultimate favorite of mine :D i have a back up just in case i run out haha

    Just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love it and this review :D so i'm your newest follower :)
    Would love it if you'd stop by and take a peek through mine -

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first MAC lipstick too! And still my only!
      I will eventually have more but there are so many great lipsticks out there which are more affordable.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...