The Christmas Tag | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: The Christmas Tag

Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

Image source (edited by me)




1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s? 

My favourite has to be Elf but I love most Christmas films. Some of my other favourites are A Christmas Carol, The Holiday, The Grinch and of course Home Alone. I love watching Christmas films in the run up to Christmas. It's the perfect way to get into the Christmas Spirit. 

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? 

Always Christmas morning. As children, me and my sister used to wake up really early to open our stockings in bed and then when our parents were awake, we all went downstairs to see what Father Christmas had left for us. We always opened our presents before breakfast and then often ate chocolate for breakfast!

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? 

I don't have one stand alone memory as every year was special to me. When we were younger we used to go to my Uncle's house after opening our presents and getting ready. My Nana was there along with my cousins and we used to exchange presents there. Once we got home, my gran came round with lots of presents that Father Christmas left at her house for us. Then it would be time for Christmas Dinner and lots of party games and fun. Christmas time is family time to me.

4. Favourite festive food? 

I love most Christmas food! My favourite would have to be Christmas dinner with all the trimmings including pigs in blankets and Yorkshire puddings (minus sprouts though - YUK!) As a kid, I hated mince pies but now I love them. Selection boxes and After Eights are the ultimate Christmas chocolates to me. Oh and Terry's Chocolate Oranges - how could I forget those! 

5. Favourite Christmas gift? 

I was very lucky as a child and I often got everything that I wished for. I can't think of one favourite as I've loved everything that I've ever received. When I think of crazes such as Furby etc, it was always my sister who asked for these. 

6. Favourite Christmas scent? 

I'm not a fan of the traditional Christmas scent of cinnamon and spices but I do love the smell of real Christmas trees. We don't have a real tree but I always buy candles and wax melts so we can still have the smell. I also love the smell of Christmas dinner!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? 

I wouldn't say we have a Christmas Eve tradition and I can't remember one from when we were growing up. For a few years, I used to go to the pub with friends for a few drinks but these days, I prefer a cosy night in watching a Christmas film in new pyjamas. 

8. What tops your tree? 

Growing up, my parents always had an angel at the top of their tree rather than a star. At the moment, I'm on the look out for the perfect angel to top our tree but I haven't been successful yet. We do have a star but it doesn't sit very well so currently the top of our tree is bare.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received? 

I don't think I ever asked for anything too extravagant. We always asked for lots of smaller things instead. I do remember asking for a TV for my bedroom because all my friends had one. I opened all my presents and didn't have a TV but after breakfast my mum and dad surprised me with it! 

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

My favourite part of Christmas is spending so much time with family, eating lots of food and being off work for two weeks! 

Have you done The Christmas Tag? Share your link below if you have. I'd love to read it.

Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. We have always opened our stockings upstairs and then main presents when parents woke too :)

    xxx

    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having stockings. I think it's definitely something we need to introduce xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...