November Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: November Empties

Monday 8 December 2014

November Empties


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - I don't think I've mentioned this on my blog before but I'm sure this is my second bottle so I'm not sure what's happened! I much prefer this over any other Miceller Water that I've used (I'm still on the fence about Bioderma but I'm not sure it's that much better considering the price difference.) The bottle is massive - 400ml - so it lasted me a while. It can come out quickly but it's easier to control that the L'Oreal one. This is definitely a winner with me! 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - I actually think it's habit that I keep picking this up when I see it on offer. I can't help it! I've been using it for years and years! However I think now is the time to stick to one product and considering the Garnier Micellar Water does such a great job, I can just purchase one product to do the lot and I'll have more money and space on my dressing table for other products! 

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Wash - Another regular offender! Sorry if this is repetitive but hey, at least you know I like the products. At the moment, I'm actually really happy with my skin (I hope I haven't spoke too soon!) I don't think I'll ever have perfectly clear skin but hey, that's why they invented concealer! I enjoy cheese and chocolate too much and I know they break me out but I'm not prepared to give them up any time soon! 

Skinetica Anti-Blemish Solution - I found one of these in my stash and remembered how great it is. Maybe my clear(ish) skin is down to one product or a combination of the ones I've been using recently. I couldn't pin point an answer. Skinetica does contain alcohol but it doesn't dry my skin out at all. It's amazing seeing the 'dirt' on the cotton pad after I've used a Miceller Water and a cleanser. It makes me shudder to think about the people who use a baby wipe and a baby wipe alone...

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads - I have to admit that the queen of skincare persuaded me to purchase these - Caroline Hirons. I just wish my bank balance was bigger so I could pick up more of her recommendations. I've been using the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner for over a year now but it's only recommended to use it twice a week. FAB Facial Radiance Pads are gentle enough to use every day twice a day. I have to admit that they are the perfect product for a lazy person as they are pre soaked. I can't help but think it's a waste of product as I wouldn't soak my cotton pad that much. Also do you really need to exfoliate twice a day or even once a day. Surely twice a week with a stronger chemical exfoliator is the equivalent. But who am I to argue? 

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Light and Blonde - My favourite scent from Batiste has to be Tropical but this is so handy when you have roots that you want to cover up at the same time! Plus I find my blonde goes a little darker when it's due to be washed so if I don't have time to wash it, this is a perfect refresher for one extra day. Spray with caution though as you could go over board and your hair becomes very yellow. 

Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray - This may be my favourite heat protector that I've used. Many have been sticky or dry crispy! This one is perfect. It smells gorgeous and I can't even tell it's there. Since I've been using it, I can tell my hair is less damaged as previously my hair would be damaged each time I washed and styled my hair. Where as now, it's had time to repair and it's better protected. I've even tried two different ghd heat sprays and although I love my ghd straighteners, I wasn't a fan. 

Tresemme Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment - My hair needs all the conditioning products it can get! It has actually improved so much over the past couple of years; it's used to be so dry and damaged. I used this treatment as a hair mask as well as my conditioner rather than instead of. If your hair isn't that dry, you would probably want to use this instead of conditioner once a week. I only wash my hair twice a week (anymore and it just breaks even more) and I used this every time I washed my hair. 

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - I'm still using my beloved Tease despite buying a new scent to try. I have tried it and I'm not a fan. It's ok but not as nice as Tease. I'll use it but it's not my first choice so it'll last me a while! If it doesn't grow on me, I may donate it to friends/family. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I forgot I had already wrote a review on this product; it is nearly two years old! Since the review, I would say my skin produces a little more oil which allows me to test the claims more accurately. I apply it all over my face in the morning and by evening, everywhere except my forehead (which is my oiliest area) is still matte. This is over five hours later so I could always reapply as it claims to keep oil at bay for just five hours. You can read my review here

Model Co Fibre Lashxtend Mascara - I was intrigued to try this mascara. It contains little fibres which are supposed to make your eyelashes look fuller. I'm not a fan though and I wouldn't purchase a mascara with fibres in again. I found the fibres would fall off when applying or throughout the day they would come off. Not a good look! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Another two year old product review! However, nothing has changed. I'm still purchasing it in threes two years later! In fact, I just did last weekend. If you want to read what I think, you can here.

Rachel x

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...