My 2015 Beauty Resolutions | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My 2015 Beauty Resolutions

Tuesday 30 December 2014

My 2015 Beauty Resolutions

Last January, I made some resolutions. You can read about them here. I only made two as I knew I would struggle to keep them. To be honest, this has been the case. My first resolution was to become more organised and manage my time more effectively. I have completely failed at this. I wanted to become more organised with my blog and post on a regular basis however, I have just been so busy with work and planning our wedding that I have not had the chance to find a routine that suits me. Only recently, do I feel I've been getting into a better routine. I made a weekly planner at work but so far I've followed that for one day! My second resolution was to become healthier which I have also failed at. I got off to a good start and did an hours worth of exercise on January 1st however I haven't done much since!

Since setting those resolutions in January, I have thought about many other things that I need to do which are related to beauty. Therefore I thought I would do a post on my beauty resolutions. That way you can help me to stick to them.



1. Take my make up off when I'm home from work

I always take my make up off before I go to bed however most nights I don't go out again once I am home from work. Therefore I could allow my skin longer to breathe if I took my make-up off as soon as I'm home. I actually think I wear make up more than I don't wear make up which sounds pretty bad. I think this would help my spots clear up much quicker.



 2. Wash my make up brushes at least once a week

I always try and remember to wash my make up brushes on Sunday however it usually gets to Monday morning and I think damn I've not washed my make up brushes! Ideally, I would like to wash them twice a week as I have spots and bacteria does spread on make up bushes however this would be a massive chore! Instead I might purchase a brush cleaner that you use after every use and save Sunday for my deep clean. Do you have any recommendations? 



3. Use a facemask twice a week

This kind of links to the first resolution as I never have time to use a face mask when I take my make up off just before I go to bed. However, if I removed my make up once I was home, I would have all evening to apply the facemask so I would have no excuses! I usually use a deep cleansing face mask which helps to draw the impurities out and after every use, I can see a massive difference but I need to be consistent to maintain those results. I have tried having Wednesday and Sunday nights as the night I apply a face mask to coincide with the #bbloggers chats but at the moment I always seem to either forget or I'm busy when the chats are taking place.



4. Moisturise my body at least twice a week

I tend to only moisturise my body when I'm abroad and I've been in the sun or during Winter when my skin feels dry. I know my skin would appreciate it if I moisturised more often. Ideally, I would love to everyday after a bath/shower but as I know this won't happen because I run out of time or I can't be bothered, I'm going to aim for at least twice a week.



5. Paint my nails and toenails more often

I love wearing nail polish but having to do housework and working in a school means they chip so easily. I usually find removing nail polish a chore but it actually doesn't take that long (unless glitter is involved! See how I remove glitter nail polish here.) In 2015, I plan to find more time to paint my nails even if it's while watching Netflix! Don't get me started on my toe nails. They're neglected unless it's Spring/Summer. 



6. Be more adventurous with eyeshadow

I have quite a few eyeshadow palettes and I'm always eyeing up new releases. The problem is that I don't wear eyeshadow often enough. I usually only wear it if I'm going out somewhere fancy and even then I only wear what others would wear everyday! I need to be more adventurous, bolder and brave with my eyeshadow choices. 

To help me try and stick to these beauty resolutions, I'm going to begin by writing them in my planner in the 'to do' section so I can tick them off when I've actually done them. There's always some satisfaction when ticking off items from your to do list and this way, I can see how long I stuck with my resolutions for.

What are your New Year Resolutions? Do you have any beauty related resolutions?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...