The Wedding Series - My Journey To Becoming A Mrs | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: The Wedding Series - My Journey To Becoming A Mrs

Sunday 23 June 2013

The Wedding Series - My Journey To Becoming A Mrs

Image from Google, edited by me
I have been thinking about starting a wedding series on my blog for a while now. Just to document our journey of planning a wedding and then sharing the actual wedding itself. I thought it would be lovely to have something to look back on in years to come while also helping other brides to be when planning their dream wedding.

Our history...

We met over five years ago through mutual friends and a love of pizza! On June 28th, we will have been together five years but we got engaged in August 2011. We decided on a long engagement as we wanted to live together and we needed to save up for a deposit first. Since November 2012, we have been living together in our own little house which we love and it has meant that we can finally start planning our wedding. So far we have decided on a date - Friday 1st August 2014, booked the church and booked the wedding reception venue. Now with just over a year to go, the fun starts! My plan is to share with you ideas, inspiration and document our success in wedding planning. 

Tips! 

My first tip is to visit wedding fairs, we've been to a fair few! They provide you with excellent inspiration, allow you to chat to local businesses and most host a fashion show with wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride outfits. Some you have to pay an entrance fee too but there are many which are free and they are just as good. I have built up quite a collection of flyers for possible options. These are great to add to your scrapbook (see below).

Buy lots wedding magazines (sometimes you can pick up free ones at wedding fairs) and create a scrapbook of anything you like. I'm going to try and organise mine into sections so I have a section on hair, cakes, flowers etc. I also have a secret section in the back for wedding dresses I like so the fiance doesn't find them so easily! I plan on taking this along with me to share with the professionals so they can get a feel of what we're into and what we like. 

Pinterest is also a great tool. If you are unaware of how it works, it's like an online scrapbook, a virtual pin board where you pin anything of interest to you. I have a general 'Wedding' board, a 'Wedding Hair' board and a 'Wedding Flowers' board so far. You can view other bride to be boards and repin anything of inspiration to you. 

I hope you enjoy reading about our wedding journey regardless of whether you are getting married or not. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you! My next post will be about Save The Dates as that is where we are up to. Hopefully, it should be up this week. 

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

2 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations! Can't wait to see more :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see more! I'm not getting married any time soon but I still love swooning over other peoples big days and ideas! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...