May Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: May Empties

Thursday 20 June 2013

May Empties




Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - This will come as no surprise. I have been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for a year and a half now. Besides my hormonal acne, my skin is lovely. The texture and appearance of my skin is clear and smooth. I just have the odd areas of acne, which is really getting to me but that's another story. 

Cath Kidston Wild Rose Hand Cream - I got this in a gift set, either for my birthday or Christmas, I can't remember which. I love most of the Cath Kidston prints so someone decided the gift set would make a good present. They were right. It included this hand cream, a cuticle cream and a nail file. I absolutely loved using the hand cream. It smells delicious - wild roses - and absorbs quickly without being sticky or wet. I would definitely repurchase again, I know they do bigger tubes in store. 

Charlie Pink Body Fragrance Spray - I usually just stick with my Impulse body spray but I think this was only 99p so I picked it up. It has been in my handbag for a few months just in case I ever needed a quick fragrance boost! I like the scent but when I think of Charlie purfume, I think if teenagers. To be honest, it's the same with Impulse but I love Tease to much to stop buying it! 

Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo - No I don't have a baby and no I don't wash my hair with baby shampoo. I use it to deep clean my make up brushes. A lot of people recommend baby shampoo to clean make up brushes as it's gentle and it conditions at the same time. I don't get any bristles falling out (I use Real Technique brushes) and my brushes feel like new again. I try to deep clean my brushes once and week, if I remember I do! I don't spot clean though so I feel like maybe I should deep clean them twice a week! How often do you clean your brushes? 

Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara - I have been using this mascara for years and years but I haven't bought another since this one. I have been using the Liz Earle one ever since I got it and it is definitely my new favourite mascara. However before I buy a new mascara, I have quite a few that I need to use first. It shouldn't take me too long as mascaras don't last very long. I haven't been able to wear mascara for the last two days because of stupid hayfever! My eyes have just been too sore to even go there! I love Summer but hayfever is one thing that really gets on my nerves! 

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer - I've lost count of how many of these I have gone through. It's been a fair few though! I use it as an under eye concealer (and I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on my spots and blemishes). It's not too thick for the eye area and blends in nicely using a brush or my fingers. I either buy shade 1 or 2. While my face is quite pale, shade 1 is definitely better. Whilst shade 2 is best for when I have a tan, natural or not!

Origins Out Of Trouble Mask (sample) - I asked for this sample whilst in the Origins store in Boots, Manchester. I managed  to get 2 or 3 uses from this pot, which is a pretty generous sample. I really liked the face mask and I enjoyed using it. I am thinking about purchasing it but I am hoping to book in for a complimentary facial, if they still do them, and I will make sure that it is the right mask for my skin type before actually repurchasing it.

Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair - I purchased this eye cream quite a few months ago and this tiny little tube has lasted a long time. I have already repurchased it as I love using it so much. It is so moisturising on the eye area and refreshing in the morning. I apply it after moisturising and I don't have to wait long before it has sunk in and I'm ready to apply my make up. It's perfect for me as I haven't got time to sit around and wait in the morning. (I already waste enough time catching up on Bloglovin' and YouTube!)

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

1 comment:

  1. Great post - I have heard a lot of good things about the Collection illuminating concealer, I will have to pick it up :)

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...