May 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: May 2013 Favourites

Saturday 8 June 2013

May 2013 Favourites


Apologies for not posting my weekly Instagram update on Monday. I was on the laptop, making the mosaic image, when it died. We cannot get it to charge again so that means no update. There has been a few problems with it charging recently and we took it to a computer repair shop. The man replaced a part and for a couple of days, it worked perfectly. Now it has no battery left and will not charge. Luckily, I had already formatted this post on the laptop and it was just a case of typing up what I think of each product pictured above, which are obviously positives as they are my May favourites! Anyway enough rambling... On to the post!

Soap & Glory Hand Food Hand Cream - This was included in the Soap & Glory Best Of All Christmas gift set. Beforehand, I had never used any Soap & Glory products but I will definitely be repurchasing some of the products in the future and Hand Food is definitely one of them. I know hand cream is a boring favourite but I honestly cannot go anywhere without it. My friend even got me some one Christmas as a Secret Santa! This hand cream is the perfect texture, it smells amazing and it absorbes really quickly. It keeps my hands and nails moisturised until I next wash them.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Make Up Foundation - As I said in a previous post, I wasn't going to get this foundation as I wasn't a fan of the dewy look. However, when I saw it on offer for £4.99, I couldn't resist. I have been using it everyday since. It really does wake me up  in the morning and stops my face from looking puffy at 6am! A bonus is the smell. I have never come across a foundation that smells so nice! At the moment the shade is a little too dark for me but it's summer so it's ok. I will definitely keep my eyes out for the offer again so I can stock up! 

Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir with Argan Oil - I'm about half way through this already and I only use two pippets in my hair. I have noticed that if I apply it to my roots, it makes them greasy. Therefore, I stick to the ends and gently comb through before styling. It helps to detangle my hair and smooths down any frizz. It's just a shame I can't use it on my roots as that's where most of my frizz is! 

MUA Undress Me Too Palette - I have posted a review of this palette on my blog. Altogether, I have four MUA palettes. The quality and pigmentation of the eyeshadows are amazing considering the low price of them. I continue to use all four, sometimes together picking and choosing shades to mix and match. Undress Me Too is a perfect dupe for Urban Decay Naked 2. Personally, I haven't used UD but if you search for comparison posts, the shades and swatches are so alike. When you compare the prices - £36 for UD and £4 for MUA, I know which I'd choose if I was you!  

SEVENTEEN Doll'd Up Mascara - I'll be honest, I only picked this up from Boots because I had a voucher. The voucher allowed me to get the mascara for £2. £2! It would be rude not to! I wasn't looking for a new mascara but I am so glad I've got it now. The wand is plastic, which I'd never used before but I am now a fan! The brush is also curved, which allows you to give your lashes a lovely curl. The mascara claims to give curl for 24 hours. I'm not sure how true this is as I don't leave my mascara on that long but for the time mine is on, I definitely have a beautiful curl. 

Topshop Lipstick in Innocent - I have been wanting this lipstick for ages. For some reason, I would swatch it in Topshop but not purchase it! However one day, I decided to treat myself and I picked it up! I love Topshop lipsticks. The formula is so creamy and moisturising and they dry semi matte. I have three in my collection and this is definitely my new favourite lipstick. The shade is perfect during the day with just one application or it can be layered up for a perfect evening shade. 

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of my favourites made your list?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

18 comments:

  1. omg the rimmel wake me up foundation is the foundation im currently using now as well!! its my favorite!! <3

    http://flylikeacg.blogspot.com
    beauty, lifestyle, reviews, hauls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm loving it too right now! But I'm tempted to try Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of Hand Food, it's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I've tried by S&G smells amazing!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I love the finish of the rimmel wake me up foundation but it breaks me out so badly and oxidises to a really weird shade on my skin. It's so annoying because if it wasn't for that I would absolutely love it :( Innocent is such a pretty lipstick, I have it too and it's such a perfect pink! I really want the undress me too palette but whenever I go into superdrug it's always out of stock! grrr....

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm sorry to hear that. I have acne but it's hormonal.

      Which other Topshop lipstick shades do you have?

      Oh no, it's because it's such a good palette. Definitely keep on looking!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Love the wake me up foundation! I have the same Topshop lipstick but I really hate the formula unfortunately :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I love the formula. I have three Topshop lipsticks and I'm finding it difficult not to buy more!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. I love the Rimmel foundation and Hand Food because it is so moisturising and it smells amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture is beautiful and the smell - oh my god!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  6. Hand Food is the best! That smell is just incredible <3

    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! To be honest, everything S&G is amazing!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  7. I'm a big fan of the foundation too! The Hand Food and Miracle Concentrate both smell lovely too.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like we share a lot of favourites!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  8. Love Rimmel Wake Me Up and S&G Hand Food. Nice faves. :) Bioderma micelle solution is my favourite this month
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that, but I really want to!
      I've recently bought the La Roche-Posay Micellar Water but I'm not sure I get the Micellar Water obsession!?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  9. I love these products too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard mixed reviews about the Wake Me Up foundation, a lot of people don't like it so I was unsure whether or not to try it. Glad you got on well with it though! Following your blog lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...