Mini Haul #4 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Mini Haul #4

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Mini Haul #4

I am trying not to spend as much money on beauty. I have so many lipsticks and so many nail polishes and so many hair care products and so many MUA eye shadow palettes. But can I help myself? No! Everytime I go shopping, I seem to buy more stuff I don't need. I just want them! Being a beauty blogger definitely does not help! I see so many bloggers raving about the latest product and I just have to have it! I don't go shopping as much as I used to, which is a good start. But when I do go shopping, I go shopping! I spend money I don't have and time just passes before my eyes. I can't be the only one! 



My hair is in very bad condition. Years of heat styling and colouring is not good for anyone's hair especially if it was dry to start with! I have always used cheap brushes and combs for my hair. I don't know why as my mum always has a Denman brush. I just thought I'm not spending that much money on a brush! Considering it's something I use everyday, several times a day, I should have just purchased the above years ago! I'm obviously tight with my money! 

I bought a Tangle Teezer the other month as my hair is always tangled and when using my 'cheap' brush I could actually hear my hair snapping! Not good! I thought what's the point in spending £10.99 on a Tangle Teezer when I continue to use cheap brushes as I'm not going to see the results. So I decided to take the plunge and invest in some good hair tools. I'm sure you're all aware it was 3 for 2 last month in Boots, which I definitely used to my advantage. I purchased a Denman Classic Styling Brush, which was only £6.99. I don't know why I thought they were more expensive. My hair is extremely thick and volume is something I try to avoid, rather than create, so a backcombing brush/comb was the last thing I thought I would buy. After watching a video on PixiwooMadness, I saw one being used to smooth hair rather than create volume or backcombing the hair. I knew I had to get myself one as I always have flyaways and frizzy bits of hair and I hate them! Sam actually said she bought a pink Denman one, obviously I had to have a pink one! So I bought the Denman Dressing Out Brush. I'm really looking forward to testing it out! 

As my hair is long and thick, I tend to always have a wide comb in the shower for when I am washing my hair. Yes, you guessed it, I am currently using a cheap one. It looks disgusting now as most of the paint has come off! It was definitely time for a new one and as it was 3 for 2, it would be rude not to! I stuck with Denman as I wanted quality brushes and combs in my collection. So I bought the Denman Professional Comb. I use my Tangle Teezer on wet hair once I'm out of the shower but the instructions said to keep heat away from it and I have my shower pretty hot so the comb is for in the shower. I usually comb my hair when a conditioner or hair mask is on. 



I am a little bit obsessed with hair treatments at the moment. I use a mask almost everytime I wash my hair and usually always apply oil before drying my hair. Tresemme Platinum Strength Deep Conditioning Treatment is a fairly new product and many beauty bloggers have shared their love for the range. I caved into the hype and thought I would try the deep conditioning treatment. 

Another product that gets a lot of love is the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray. I love applying oil to my hair and I have really noticed a difference in the texture of my hair. I'm looking forward to using an oil spray as it will leave less mess and I think it will allow for even distribution. The oil is lightweight and claims to defrizz hair - perfect! It can also be used on wet or dry hair. I shall report back on this. 

I have tried a couple of products from VO5 recently that I have really enjoyed using so I thought I would give the VO5 Treat Me Right Deep Conditioning Treatment a try. It claims to intensely condition, strengthen and repair dry, damaged hair and leave hair smooth, silky soft and radiantly shiny. Sounds promising! 



To be honest, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation wasn't a foundation that I was interested in. I prefer a matte finish with my foundation and Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation gives a healthy, radiant glow. There is a lot of hype around the foundation, with many bloggers preferring it over high end foundations, but that still didn't draw me in. Usually this foundation is £8.99 and in the end a special offer drew me in. One week when I was doing the weekly shop in Morrisons, I spotted it on offer for £4.99! It's definitely worth a try for that price.

Collection Colour Lash Mascara in Clear is a repurchase. I use this to set my brows and you can see what I think in more detail here. Mascaras don't have a great shelf life as it is but as I'm using this on my brows, my current one looks disgusting so I had to purchase another one. They're only £1.99 so I plan to repurchase every two to three months. 

I already have three MUA palettes but does that stop me wanting another? No! I already have the Undressed palette, which is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette. So when I heard they had brought out a new palette, which was a dupe for the UD Naked 2 palette, I had to have it. I don't own either of the UD palettes but when I look at comparison posts they look so alike. MUA Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette looks amazing and I cannot wait to start using it. It's only £4 and all the other MUA palettes are amazing quality. 

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer have taken the beauty world by storm. They are a hybrid lipstick and lipgloss product and offer a fresh take on lip products. It's taken me awhile to jump on the bandwagon mainly due to not knowing which shade to choose. In the end, I settled for Celestial and Nova. These look like perfect colours for me and from first impressions, I love their texture. 

I have two Rimmel lipsticks by Kate Moss but both are from the matte collection. When I was purchasing the Apocalips, it was 3 for 2 and I spotted Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 16. It looks like a beautiful Spring/Summer shade and I'm looking forward to seeing how the formula differs from the matte collection. Another lipstick I have purchased lately is the Topshop Lipstick in Innocent. This is actually a shade I have been wanting for a while but on this particular day, I couldn't resist. It's the third Topshop lipstick I have purchased and I love the others so no doubt I will love Innocent too. 

Whilst browsing the Topshop make up stand and purchasing Innocent, I spotted there was an offer on Topshop Nail Polish - two for £8. They are usually £5 or £6 so it isn't a massive saving but I simply couldn't resist. I love a blue nail polish so AWOL was so appealing to me and High Voltage is a lovely pink shade perfect for Summer. To be honest, I have lots of pink nail polishes but the Topshop formula is lovely and I couldn't resist the polka dot packaging. 

I have to be completely honest here - the only reason I purchased Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara was because I had a voucher. The mascara is usually £6.29 but I got it for £2. Completely worth a try! Another product that was purchased because of a voucher was the Natural Collection Blusher in Peach Melba. I had a voucher to get extra points on my Boots Advantage card if I purchased something from Natural Collection.   I decided on the Peach Melba Blush as I had seen Lily Pebbles rate it so highly. She usually uses high end products so for a blusher that costs £1.99 to make it onto her face, it must be good!

Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream in Cotton Candy was only £2.99 and I had heard Llymlrs mention it in a few videos. I have already tried it before writing this post and I LOVE it. The formula is amazing - it feels very moisturising and dries matte and the colour is beautiful. It lasts several hours on the lips and for such a cheap product my first impressions are wow!

Which products have you purchased lately? Are there any products on your wish list?

Rachel x

Lost In Lipstick

9 comments:

  1. Treat me right is a lovely hair product. First hair mask I ever used. Ah. Nostalgia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet as I'm finishing off the masks I currently have opened. Looking forward to using it though.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed seeing everything you got! Think you'll be surprisingly impressed with the Seventeen mascara, it reminds me a lot of Benefit They're Real but a more daytime friendly version :) Great post!

    Rebecca-Louise; autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried They're Real yet, I really want to though because of all the hype. I'm slightly put off though because I used to have Bad Gal and I found it too 'wet'.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I've also just done a What I've Bought if you wanted to take a look :) MAC Lady Danger lipstick is currently on my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the TOPSHOP makeup. The nail polishes look gorgeous.

    xoxo
    Madiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried the lipsticks and nail polishes but I love them both!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. Great haul :) The topshop polishes look gorgeous x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous :) Do you own any Topshop make up?

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...