April Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: April Empties

Friday 10 May 2013

April Empties





Paul Mitchell Strength Super Strong Daily Shampoo & Paul Mitchell Strength Super Strong Daily Conditioner - I received these in a gift set at Christmas from my parents, along with the Super Strong Liquid Treatment. I have enjoyed using both the shampoo and conditioner but have made them last as long as possible as they are quite expensive. I usually just pick up any shampoo and conditioner for my hair type which is on offer. (I have recently decided to take better care of my hair.) After using this shampoo and conditioner, my hair was left feeling soft and smooth and looked a lot healthier. The website claims they help to repair damaged strands and help to prevent further damage. I don't know how and why but in the last 6 months or so, my hair is improving. To be honest, I wouldn't repurchase these again as they are a little out of my price range but I would love to receive them again as a gift!

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - This continues to be my number one choice of eye make up remover. As mentioned previously, it does sting my sensitive eyes if I don't wash it off straight away but it's more effective and doesn't sting as much as other removers. It's currently on the Boots website for £3.39 but I always seem to find it for £1.99. Hopefully, the price hasn't shot up that much since I last purchased! 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth CleanserLiz Earle Instant Boost Skin  Tonic & Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser - I have been using Liz Earle skincare for a year now and I will continue to purchase as well. My skin is slowly improving and I just need to sort my diet out now. I still get spots but nothing will get rid of them. I think it's something I am eating in my diet and I'm trying to cut out diary to see if it makes a difference. So far I've given up milk in my cereal, opting for almond milk, but I still have yoghurt and the occasional cheese product. I cannot give up cheese! I have posted individual reviews of each product, which you can read by clicking on the following links; Cleanse & PolishInstant Boost Skin Tonic and Skin Repair Light Moisturiser.

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation - I started using this foundation in October and it ran out in early April, which means it lasted 6 months. Considering I used it almost everyday, that's pretty good going. I really loved this foundation and I'm gutted it's finished. I will definitely repurchase. I plan on going again for a consultation when we've had a bit sunshine so I can find out my summer shade. You can read my review of No7 Stay Perfect Foundation here.

Collection Colour Lash Mascara in Clear - I have been using this mascara for two or three months now to set my brows in place. As explained here, I have extremely unruly brows that have to be tamed! I had been wanting to try a brow gel for a while and I decided to start with a cheaper brand before spending all my money on something I didn't like. To my surprise, this £1.99 mascara wowed me and I have already repurchased! As you can see, after just a short time using the product it looks disgusting and isn't clear anymore! That's the reason why I have repurchased, obviously the product hasn't ran out. I plan to buy another mascara every two to three months and replace when it's looking a bit murky!

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

8 comments:

  1. You used up quite alot there! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Simple eye makeup remover pads. I think they are bit more expensive than the bottle, but I also have very sensitive eyes and they never bother me! Usually only takes one pad to get it all off unless I did some smokey dramatic eye, which it would need two. If you're a fan of simple, I would look into that maybe? and I neeeeed Liz Earle!! Everyone is raving about those all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation. I've not seen the pads just the wipes. I will look out for them. Yes! You need Liz Earle!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I really need to buy the simple eye make up remover, i am a bit ashamed to say i use wipes :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tut tut! Am my mum says - they just smear your make up around your face! lol

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Wow thats a lot of empties. Ilove the Liz Earle and the Simple Eye Makeup remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it really? I don't think it is haha.
      Yeah me too :)

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...