April 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: April 2013 Favourites

Tuesday 21 May 2013

April 2013 Favourites

Hi girls,

May has been such a busy month for me so far! I almost didn't post this at all because it's so late in the month. But I still wanted to share a few products that I have been loving with you. During the month of April, there were lots of products that I loved using. Luckily for you, I managed to narrow it down to just six products!

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel - I started using this shower gel in December. I don't use it everyday so I'm about halfway through. The scent is amazing. It contains natural mandarin peel extract and as an added bonus, it contains built in body lotion. My skin is super soft after using it and my feet, which are usually dry and cracked, are looking a lot better! My skin isn't really dry on my body but if you suffered from dry skin, you'll probably need to use a moisturiser as well. I want to get into the habit of using one but I always forget. Using this shower gel, for me, is the lazy way out!

Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning - I saw this raved about on blogs and YouTube so much, that I caved and purchased it. I must admit that I was worried at first - I am quite pale and I didn't want to appear too tanned especially with make up on top. However, I was pleasantly happy when my face just looked healthy and radiant. Another concern, as with any self tan product, was the smell. As I am pale, I only need to apply every few days. Because of this, the colour, and the smell, doesn't build up too much. It's very subtle and just what I like. I'm looking forward to using this in summer as my face doesn't really tan where as the rest of my body does (a little bit). 

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask - I saw this on a couple of blog posts and thought it would be worth a try as my hair is dry and damaged. I love the texture of the mask and once I have rinsed it out, after about 5 minutes, my hair feels smooth and silky. I still use conditioner before I apply the mask as my hair is quite damaged from years of heat and colour but if your hair isn't as dry, you might want to skip conditioner. 

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial - A couple of months ago, I purchased two Rimmel Apocalips. I picked up Nova and Celestial. Celestial is definitely my favourite of the two and suits me better for daytime wear over Nova. If you've been hiding under a rock for a few months and haven't heard of the Apocalips, they're a new(ish) lip product from Rimmel, which is a hybrid between lipstick and lip gloss. The colour and lasting quality is that of a lipstick and the shine is that of a lip gloss without being sticky. They are a little bit moisturising as well. 

Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream - As I mentioned in my haul post, I saw Llymlrs mention this a few times on her blog and in her videos. It was only £2.99 and I didn't have high expectations to be honest but I was blown away. The colour is beautiful and it lasts a few hours on the lips. It applies like a lipgloss but dries matte like a lipstick while still being moisturising.  I will definitely continue buying this product when it runs out and I might have to purchase some of the other shades!

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Peach Melba - This is a product that impresses Lily Pebbles so it must be good! It's only £1.99 and the packaging isn't great but the actual blusher is beautiful. Peach Melba is a beautiful pinky peach shade and shows up as a beautiful, natural looking blush on my cheeks. I have been reaching for this almost every single day. The only improvement I would make is to make the pot bigger so my Real Techniques Blush Brush fits in easier!

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of your favourites made my list?

Rachel x

Lost In Lipstick

4 comments:

  1. Great faves. I really want to try more S&G products :) especially their shower ones
    xx

    Naomii
    www.glitterbomb-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! I will definitely be trying out more products. I hadn't actually used any until I got the Best Of set for Christmas.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I have the shade Celestial too and love it! I've been wanting to try one of the Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams so it's great to hear how good they are.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're amazing for £2.99! I will definitely be picking some more shades up!

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...