Sleek Corrector and Concealer Palette in Shade 02 - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Sleek Corrector and Concealer Palette in Shade 02 - Review

Friday 27 December 2013

Sleek Corrector and Concealer Palette in Shade 02 - Review







I couldn't resist this cute little palette and it's so handy for travelling. It contains a corrector, a concealer and a setting powder. I think there are five different palettes; 01, 02, 03, 04 and 05. I bought mine from my local Superdrug and the lightest they had in stock was 02. Currently, the Superdrug website only lists palettes 02, 03, 04 and 05 so if you're after the lightest shade, you'll  have to see what your local Superdrug has in stock. 

To be honest, as much as I want to love this palette, I just can't. The first shade is for correcting any dark circles under the eye but I find it too light. The second shade is the concealer, which neutralises any discolouration, however, I find it too dark for my skintone.  I'm not sure if I need to use palette 01 or palette 03 instead but surely 01 would be even lighter and 03 would be far too dark. I know it can't suit everyone as there are only 5 palettes and so many different skintones but I didn't think the corrector and concealer would be so far apart. The palette also contains a setting powder, which isn't great either. I find it very chalky and there is a lot of fall out so I get powder all over my dressing table. 

The formula of the corrector and concealer is fairly creamy and I have used both a brush and my fingers to apply it. My personal preference is that I prefer to use my fingers with this product as it blends better with the heat from my fingertips. Also, I've washed the brush that I used, about 4 times, and it still has product inside it. I hope I haven't ruined a beloved Real Techniques brush! 

I wouldn't purchase the palette again unless other shades were added to the line. It's such a shame there are only 5 different variations. I reckon it would be a beauty blogger fave if it catered for more skintones as it's such a handy little palette. 

P.S. Did you know Boots now stock Sleek make up? 

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...