If I Could Only Have One... | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: If I Could Only Have One...

Thursday 24 September 2015

If I Could Only Have One...


Last month, Jess wrote a blog post where she chose just one product for each make up category. I thought it would be fun to do as well. Obviously this is just hypothetical as this would be too difficult to use only one product on an everyday basis. Where is the fun in that?! Some of these products have been favourites of mine for years so they were easy to choose. Others such as eyeshadow and blusher were much harder to chose because I have quite a few products for this category.

Primer - Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - I own quite a few primers but this is my favourite and the one I reach for the most. It provides a smooth, velvety texture to my skin making it the perfect base for foundation. It does a good job of blurring imperfections like small blemishes and pores. It's just a shame I have acne and large pores so it doesn't leave me with a flawless base!

Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - This is the only high-end foundation I have tried but one I fell in love with straight away. It was the foundation I wore on my wedding day and lasted well even when I was dancing until 1am! The only downside is that it doesn't come with a pump but I think you can buy them separately. 

Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - A well known concealer in the beauty world for being a good concealer at an affordable price. I think I will always purchase this concealer as it does the job it's supposed to do for under £5. 

Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Another drugstore product that does what it's supposed to do for a bargain price. I always buy this in translucent and use it as a setting powder. It does a great job of keeping my skin looking matte as I'm not a fan of the dewy look.  

Bronzer - The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - I'm so glad I discovered this bronzer a couple of years ago. It's the perfect bronzer for fair skinned gals and doesn't have a hint of shimmer. I love using shade 1 all over my face to give me a little bit of colour. 

Blusher - NARS Blush in Orgasm - This is my favourite shade of blush. I just wish it didn't have so much shimmer in. Let's face it, there is a lot! In the packaging it looks so beautiful but sometimes I wish there was less shimmer. 

Highlighter - Sleek Highlighter in Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette - My favourite highlighter is within this palette so I don't know if you can buy it individually and I don't know it's name but it's the highlight I always turn to. It's the perfect shade to just provide a glow and the shimmer is so fine so it just catches the light.

Brows - Maybelline Brow Drama - My eyebrows are wild! I always need a brow gel just to tame them and keep them in place throughout the day. For years, I was using a clear mascara but this left them feeling a little crispy. Brow Drama provides just enough hold without making them hard and means I can skip filling in my brows when I'm in a hurry because it's tinted. 

Eyeshadow - Make Up Revolution Beyond Flawless Eyeshadow Palette - This is the latest edition to my make up collection. 32 eyeshadows for £8 - what's not to love?! That's only 25p a shade! There are so many shades that I love and the quality is really good for a budget brand. Yes there is a little fallout but nothing that a tissue under the eye won't solve.

Eyeliner - Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner - I love the fact this eyeliner isn't black and it's also waterproof so it's lasts for hours even on my waterline. It's a lovely creamy texture so it doesn't drag and applies beautifully.

Mascara - Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara - I have been using this mascara for years now. I have tried many different brands over the three years that I have been blogging but I will always go back to this one. It gives great length, volume and separates my lashes perfectly. There are two different versions but I prefer the straight wand over the curved one.

Lips - YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick - The most luxurious lipstick I own, it comes in beautiful packaging and was my wedding lipstick. It will always have a special place in my heart. 

Which products would you choose if you could only have one?

Rachel x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...