Northumberland Photo Diary - August 2015 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Northumberland Photo Diary - August 2015

Thursday 3 September 2015

Northumberland Photo Diary - August 2015

Our second holiday of the Summer was spent in Northumberland with Rory's family. We stayed in a small village called Alnmouth which is near to Alnwick. There were 12 of us in total, 8 adults and 4 children and we stayed in a massive house which sleeps 19 so there was lots of room for the children to play! We were really lucky with the weather while we were there and we made the most of having a massive garden and living next to the beach for a week! There are so many castles in Northumberland and we actually visited two while we were away; Dunstanburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. We also visited Alnwick Gardens, The Holy Island of Lindisfarne and Barter Books which is one of the largest second hand bookshops in Britain.

Here is a selection of photos that I took during our week in Northumberland. I am pretty restricted as a lot of photos feature my nieces and I don't feel comfortable putting them on my blog when they are not my children. There is a good selection though and gives you a glimpse into what we got up to and the different places we went to. I will include a caption for each photo to explain them in more detail. I hope you enjoy this post.

Rachel x

This is the view from our garden gate - Alnmouth Bay

Alnmouth Bay

Dunstanburgh Castle

Selfie outside Dunstanburgh Castle

Ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle

Embleton Bay

Embleton Bay

Beach art by our nieces

Alnwick Castle

Alnwick Castle

Getting into character at Alnwick Castle and being a princess!

Alnwick Gardens

Granny Turismo

Poison Garden at Alnwick Gardens

Beautiful sunset over Alnmouth Bay (that was our beach hut for the week!)

Beautiful sunset over Alnmouth Bay

The Holy Island of Lindisfarne (and Lindisfarne Castle in the background!)

Keep Calm and Carry On poster from 1939 discovered by the staff at Barter Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...