The Body Shop Spa Of The World Collection | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: The Body Shop Spa Of The World Collection

Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Body Shop Spa Of The World Collection


I've never actually been to a spa before. I don't know why but there is something stopping me in my mind. Maybe I think they're too expensive or maybe it's letting a stranger touch my body. Either way I've never been tempted to go but pampering myself is something I love to do. I'm a huge fan of products that allow you to do this in the comfort of your own home and I was extremely excited when The Body Shop introduced their Spa Of The World collection.

The Spa Of The World collection offers everything you need in a spa experience - escapism, relaxation, revitalisation and pure bliss. Sounds like Heaven! The Body Shop have researched some of the most treasured ancient traditions from around the world which have been perfected by centuries of wisdom. They have discovered the finest natural ingredients, refined textures and delicate fragrances to create this fabulous range. Now you can make your bathroom the greatest spa on Earth!

There are 11 products in the collection and two tools. The products range from purifying and firming clays, sensorial and luxury oils, refining natural scrubs and decadent creams. The Body Shop have grouped the products into three categories; Relaxing Ritual, Revitalising Ritual and Blissful Ritual.

Relaxing Ritual is made up of five products; African Ximenia Scrub, Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay, Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath, French Lavender Massage Oil and Japanese Camellia Cream.

African Ximenia Scrub (£18) - In Africa, the Ximenia tree is known as the ‘Tree of Life’, such are the skin-softening properties of its oil. This softening body scrub gently exfoliates to leave skin gleamingly smooth.

Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay (£16) - An Asian beauty secret, charcoal is used to draw out impurities from the skin and remove up to thousands of times its own mass in toxins. After cleansing, use the Body Mask Brush to spread a thin later onto skin and leave to dry for ten minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and revel in the purifying glow you will radiate.

Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath (£14) - A relaxing powder-to-milk bath, the skin-softening milk and honey bath is renowned as a beauty ritual used by Cleopatra in ancient Egypt. As soon as you pour a scoop of this creamy fragrant powder under running water, with just one breath, the scent will transport you into a state of relaxation. For a bath of pure indulgence worthy of a legendary beauty, pour five scoops under running warm water and swirl until dissolved.

French Lavender Massage Oil (£14) - The relaxing powers of lavender are legendary – particularly renowned in France, where in the 14th century, King Charles VI demanded pillows filled with lavender to soothe him to sleep. Massage onto skin to help soothe body and mind.

Japanese Camellia Cream (£23) - The oil of the elegant Camellia flower has been used by women since the 8th century to gently soften and moisturise the skin. This sumptuous velvet moisture body cream leaves skin silky soft and subtly fragranced

Revitalising Ritual is made up of three products; Dead Sea Salt Scrub, Moroccan Rhassoul Body Clay and Thai Lemongrass Massage Oil.

Dead Sea Salt Scrub (£20) - Dead Sea salt is precious for its high mineral content and the coarseness of its crystals, resulting in an enlivening scrub that will transform your skin. Massage vigorously over damp skin for the ultimate body wake-up call.

Moroccan Rhassoul Body Clay (£16) - Turn your bathroom into a Moroccan Hammam. Rhassoul, the mineralrich clay which has long been used by Moroccan women to firm skin, tightens as it dries to give instant firmness to skin. Apply a thin layer, allow to dry for ten minutes, and rinse with cold water to maximise the skin-tightening effects.

Thai Lemongrass Massage Oil (£14) - Few ingredients have the power to stimulate the senses like lemongrass, cherished in traditional Thai massage for centuries for the invigorating effect it has on body and mind. Massage into skin, focusing on pressure points and breathe deeply to feel instantly revitalised and uplifted from this fragrant aromatic scent.

Blissful Ritual is also made up of three products; Polynesian Monoi Beauty Oil, Hawaiian Kukui Cream and Tahitian Orchid Massage Oil. 

Polynesian Monoi Beauty Oil (£14) - The women of the Polynesian islands have used Monoi, a treasured, sacred, scented blend of coconut oil and tiare flowers, for two thousand years to give glow to skin and lustre to hair. A true wonder-product, massage into damp skin and comb through damaged hair when dry.

Hawaiian Kukui Cream (£23) - Exposed to the relentless sun for generations, Hawaiian women use kukui oil to nurture their skin. Exceptionally moisturising, it restores skin suppleness and leaves it nourished and glowing.

Tahitian Orchid Massage Oil (£14) - In Tahiti, vanilla orchid blended with ylang ylang and patchouli is treasured in traditional massage, with its enticing, sensual and exquisite scent and properties.

On Friday, I actually purchased the French Lavender Massage Oil as I cannot resist lavender! I will write a review once I have used it a few times but it smells amazing and I have huge expectations. Other products that I MUST get my hands on are the Himalayan Charcoal Body Clay and the Thai Lemongrass Massage Oil but to be honest I would be happy with any of the collection!

Are only of these items on your wishlist? Do you already own something from the collection? What are you thoughts on the range?

Rachel x

P.S. I haven't been paid to write this post, I am genuinely excited by the whole range! Plus I love The Body Shop!

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...