August/September 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: August/September 2013 Favourites

Wednesday 9 October 2013

August/September 2013 Favourites


Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Spray - I use this to add a bit more moisture to my hair and to banish those tangles. It's a great detangler and combined with my Tangle Teezer, they are the perfect weapon against tangles! When I first bought this, I was worried that it was going to make my hair greasy but I have not had any problems. Sometimes, I accidently spray too much and my hair just absorbs it all. An extra bonus is that it can be used on wet or dry hair, perfect for those in between days when my hair just needs an extra moisture boost.  

Nivea Sun Invisible Protection SPF30 - I didn't go to a hot sunny country this year but we have been very lucky with the weather in the UK. Only this year has the importance of SPF been at the front of my mind and I think that's with the help of blogging and reading blogs. I always wore SPF when I was sunbathing, not necessarily just 'out' in the sun and I never went about 15. Now I wear it daily on my face either SPF 30 or 50 and on my body when it's exposed with at least factor 20. It's so important to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. I picked this up in Morrisons for £6 as we were buying picnic supplies one sunny day. It's perfect for on the go as there is no mess and it's non greasy. Spray, rub in and go!

Lush Light Yellow Colour Supplement* - I can't get enough of this little tub of foundation. I stopped using it for a week or so as I had no way of getting down to the bottom but then I managed to get hold of a mini spatula, which I use to apply the product to the back of my hand. The light yellow shade is the perfect shade for my skin tone and it blends in easily so it's almost invisible but it leaves a more flawless base, ready for the rest of my make up. It helps to disguise my blemishes and the little red scars that have been left behind by spots. I love the finish that the foundation gives, it's in between a dewy and matte foundation but more on the matte side which is my preferred finish.

Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette - I accidently picked this up as I was actually after the Face Contour Kit. However, I am so glad I made the mistake. It includes a contouring powder, a highlighting powder and Rose Gold blush, which is beautiful. The contour powder is completely matte, which makes it the perfect contour shade whilst the highlighting powder contains beautiful shimmer to highlight your best features. I love the blush in Rose Gold. It is quite glittery but the colour makes up for this as it is gorgeous. The palette is the perfect size for travelling and fits in any make up bag.

Kiehl's Skin Rescuer* - I received this at the Kiehl's launch event and I've been loving it ever since. Jen, the PR for Kiehl's, told me how she used it just in time for her wedding and it really improved her skin during stressful times in her life. I have been using it since I got my hands on it and I love everything about it. My spots definitely look calmer after application and I don't have any red patches on my face. I find I have to leave it a little longer than my usual moisturiser to soak in before applying my make up but it's not very long and not a problem. I'm going to continue using it on a daily basis but as my wedding's in august, I may have to repurchase it when it runs out!

La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. - La Roche-Posay is a fairly new brand to me. I've been using products for a few months now and as I have oily/combination skin, the Effaclar range suits my skin. I read a few reviews online and what Effaclar A.I. was for, and decided it was for me. It helps to calm my breakouts as its a targeted breakout corrector. I apply it to my spots and it works by 'purging imperfections in-depth to accelerate their resorption and prevent residual skin marking'. Scars are one thing that I do suffer from and I want to prevent any more appearing so I can deal with the current ones. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - This is my second tube of Effaclar Duo which I use as a moisturiser. If I use it at night, I double up and apply an additional moisturiser once it's soaked in. During the day, it provides me with enough moisture under my make up but at night, I look for an extra moisture boost. It helps to improve the overall appearance of my skin by 'reducing the appearance of imperfections and purifying the pores'. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and looking clearer, while also moisturising my face. 

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of my favourites made your list?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...