Everyday Make Up #3 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Everyday Make Up #3

Sunday 3 March 2013

Everyday Make Up #3







Blusher - Benefit Dandelion






My last Everyday Make Up post was way back in November before I moved house! I think since the move I forgot about these posts until I saw them in my blogging notebook. A few items have changed since but some have stayed the same since November. My foundation, concealer, powder and bronzer are all the same and I have been using these products for quite a few months now.

I'm almost out of foundation and I think I want to try something different next. I was thinking about the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation as so many bloggers say it's a great drugstore foundation but the fact that I would have to select the shade myself scares me. I'll get home and it will totally be the wrong shade! Probably like I've been tango'd! So does anyone know if Rimmel have a similar shade to No7 Calico? That would be a massive help! Or I was thinking I would stick with No7 but get another foundation match done in early summer as my skin tone may have changed since I last had it done! Aahhh decisions, decisions! I have wrote a review of the No7 Stay Perfect Foundation, which you can read here.

Obviously, I am still using Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer as it's amazing. However, I have been using light for so long but I much prefer natural. It suits my skin tone much better. You can read what I think in more detail here.

My powder choice is still Rimmel Stay Matte as it's perfect and doesn't cake. I'm not going to change something that isn't broken! You can read what I think in depth here.

As you can see, I'm still using the same bronzer as I was back in November (and September)! I just cannot find one that I like more. I almost fell for NARS Laguna because of all the hype surrounding it. I even went to Selfridges to purchase it but I just decided it wasn't for me. When I lightly swatched it on my hand, I could see glitter/shimmer. Even though many people said you couldn't see it when it was on your face, I didn't want to take the chance. So I'm still using the same bronzer, that I have been wearing for about three years! 

A new addition into my make up routine is the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer. It has a steep price tag but I think it's worth every penny. It also helps that I got it for £17.50 as it was in a set on sale on the Clarins website after Christmas. Bonus! I don't technically wear this everyday as I don't wear it for work but I do wear it for all other occasions. It feels so velvety and smooth as I apply it and it leaves my face feeling and looking flawless. It provides the perfect base for my foundation and since using it I have noticed how much better my foundation looks. The only negative I have is that some days it doesn't cover all my pores but I do have relatively large pores! 

A blusher I'm reaching for more and more is Benefit Dandelion. As spring is fast approaching, I think it's the perfect shade on my skin tone to give me a healthy, spring time glow. I pair this with MUA Shimmer Kisses Bronzer, which I actually use as a highlighter. I use my Real Techniques Setting brush to apply it to the top of my cheekbones and my brow bone. If I want extra highlight to add more definition to my face, then I also apply it to the middle of my nose, my cupid's bow and my forehead.

In December, I received the Liz Earle Lash Definition Smudgeproof Mascara as a freebie in the monthly essentials. I have been using it ever since and I absolutely love it. No matter how much I apply it doesn't clump my lashes and it adds length and volume. Previously, I was using the Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara, which I love as well, but I find I find it can clump, especially in the evening when I apply more for greater volume and length.

My eyeliner of choice has been the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner. I bought this shortly after it was released and I have been using it ever since. I only apply eyeliner to my waterline as I don't have a steady hand to apply eyeliner above my upper lash line. I wish I could! As I apply it to my waterline, most eyeliners have a tendency to wear off quickly. I find Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner lasts a lot longer and best of all it doesn't run!

Last month, I purchased the popular MUA Heaven & Earth Palette. I absolutely love my Undressed palette and I have hit pan on a few shades but I also wanted to give Heaven & Earth a try. At the moment in time, I couldn't choose a favourite but I am loving using both of them. They both have shimmer and matte shades and include shades suitable for day and evening wear.

Another product I purchased last month was AVON Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in Pout. I bought it because it was half price in the AVON catalogue and I thought the shade looked perfect. I haven't tried an AVON lipstick before and I didn't have chance to swatch it so I took a chance. I was so lucky as I absolutely love the shade. It's my lips but better and is my 'go to' lipstick for daytime. It has definitely made me want to try more AVON lipsticks. The formula is so moisturising and it's just perfect!

Which products are you loving this month? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

8 comments:

  1. Great products x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try out the concealer. Great products.

    www.agirlsfancies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to! Worth all the hype!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Dandelion sounds so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful. It's a bonus that I bought it at duty free!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Found your blog via the bbloggers blog hop. Lovely post! I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

    I have my own blog hop live now if you're interested :)
    Elise Dopson xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...