IKEA Haul | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: IKEA Haul

Thursday 28 March 2013

IKEA Haul

IKEA Haul Picture Frames


IKEA Haul Glass Wear


IKEA HAUL White


IKEA Haul Candles

IKEA Haul Plants

14. FEJKA Plant £6.50 15. ORADD Plant Pot 65p

On Tuesday, I went to one of my favourite shops - IKEA. If that makes me sound sad, I don't care! I really have to restrain myself from spending a fortune in there. On this occasion, my mum was there to help reign me in and I only spent a small fortune, after putting half the stuff I wanted back! I didn't go there needing anything, only wanting. I wanted some nik naks, some bits and bobs, to decorate our house and fill some spaces. 

Firstly, I bought some picture frames. Since we moved into our house, in November, we haven't decorated with any pictures or photo frames. Considering we are decorating our living room, I thought now was the perfect opportunity to stock up. IKEA sell prints to put in the frames but I couldn't find any the right size, plus I think family/friends photographs will look more homely. Second on the list were some ornaments/vases. I want to get another glass vase to go with the carafe and vase so they stand together in a three. I'm not sure where they will go yet but I will find a home for them soon! I bought the glass tealight holder to house my cotton wool and ear buds on my dressing table. They are really pretty and actually look like something I could have picked up from a charity shop or car boot sale. 

I finally got my hands on the SKURAR plant pots! I have been trying to get them for months now but each time I go to IKEA, they have sold out of the smaller ones. I know a lot of people have them but they are just so pretty and I love the lace effect. I bought them as make up brush holders to go with my white HEMNES dressing table, also from IKEA. I bought some dried rice from the supermarket so my brushes stand up straight. Rice is much cheaper than the little stones/beads you can buy and considering my container is opaque, no one will see it. I also picked up a tealight lantern in white. I already have the silver one, which is currently downstairs in my living room, but I thought the white one would look pretty on or near to my dressing table. The white bowls are probably the most boring purchase from the day but they were a necessity. We have a dishwasher and while we are waiting for it to be filled before we switch it on, bowls are always the first thing we run out of. Hopefully, not any longer!

Now, who can go to IKEA without purchasing at least one candle? I can't, that's for sure! I bought the brown candles for my bathroom as our tiles are cream and brown and I thought these would look pretty on the windowsill. I also have the same candles in red, for the living room, and purple, for our bedroom. I purchased 9 glass candles dishes for all these candles as without them, the candles stain the windowsill and they were only 45p each. The TINDRA candle smells of vanilla, who can resist vanilla candles? I already have quite a few tealight candles but I thought I would stock up as these were £1.75 for 100! Bargain! 

Last but not least on my list were some (shhh) artificial plants for my kitchen windowsill. I think three in a line look so pretty (how many times can I say pretty in one post?) and it finishes off my kitchen nicely. I also bought a door mat, a notebook and a teddy for my nephew but I couldn't find these on the website. I have used the photos from the IKEA website in this post because as I mentioned earlier, we are decorating and not everything has a home just yet. If you would like me to take some photographs once everything has a home, let me know in the comments below and I will. 

Do you love IKEA as much as me? What have you bought lately?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...