February Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: February Empties

Friday 15 March 2013

February Empties



It's that time again - my monthly empties and what I think of the products that I have used up. Apologies for this being a little late. I wanted to photograph the products in the first weekend of March but I was super busy with the DIY that I missed the daylight! Then I was ill with a bug, but here it is! Better late than never! I finished a total of 7 products in February. Some of them are products I will use again and again but others are products I won't. 

Keratin Complex Keratin Color Care Shampoo - I have to say I have noticed a slight improvement in my hair recently but I have been using hair oil and hair masks on a regular basis. I won't be repurchasing this as I do not think it's worth the price tag. There are so many cheaper shampoos that are just as good and if I'm honest, I don't like the scent or the texture. I actually really want to try the Liz Earle Shampoo and Conditioner! With this months monthly essentials you get a free Shampoo, which is suitable for all hair types, and a conditioner for normal hair. I might have to purchase the one for dry/damaged hair just to try it! 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - Another month, another empty Cleanse & Polish. I can't quite believe I'm using one of these a month! How long do they last everyone else? I use one pump every morning and evening. I will continue to repurchase over and over again. Although I am getting the bloggers itch, I keep reading reviews of other cleansers and I want to try them. But I am staying loyal to Liz Earle. Plus I don't want to change skin care and get more spots. Thankfully, this has reminded me that I need to make an order! You can read my review of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish here.

Original Source Lime Shower Gel - I have really enjoyed using this, especially in the mornings as it's so refreshing. The Original Source shower gels are extremely cheap but I don't find them that moisturising. I definitely needed to moisturise after use. I'm not sure I would repurchase. If I did, it wouldn't be for a long time as I have so many other shower gels to use (especially after Christmas). I quite fancy trying some of the other scents as well - tea tree and lavender and tea tree and mint in particular. 

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - Another Liz Earle product! God I'm obsessed. This is another product that I have purchased over and over again and I will continue to for a long time. I'm looking forward to summer when I can spritz this onto my face all day long! Any excuse... I use this product twice a day. In the morning, after cleansing to close the pores and in the evening, after cleansing to close the pores and also to remove any last traces of make up. It's so refreshing and in the morning it helps to wake me up. Furthermore, it doesn't sting my face as it contains no alcohol. You can read my review of the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic here

Simple Kind To Eyes Eye Make Up Remover - These posts are going to get boring if I keep using the same products! Like I said last month, I constantly repurchase this product. Even though I have sensitive eyes, this eye make up remover is the only one I've found that doesn't sting my eyes. I wish Liz Earle would make an eye make up remover! I know the Cleanse and Polish is supposed to remove even waterproof mascara but if I use it to remove eye make up, I find that I need two pumps and I really have to rub my eyes. Firstly, I can't afford to use two pumps every evening and secondly, you should never rub your eyes! Therefore I will continue to use Simple as it costs about £2!

Sure Crystal Clear Pure Anti-Perspirant Roll On Deodorant - Deodorant is such a boring but necessary beauty product. I prefer spray deodorant but after a few months of use, I develop a cough. I have to say that roll on deodorant lasts a lot longer than a spray. I actually bought this a while ago when it was 3 for 2 in Boots and this is the second one I have used. I always buy deodorant to stop white marks as white marks on any colour clothes, especially black, is not a good look! This deodorant did not leave any white marks but as it's a roll on, I just had to wait for it to dry before dressing. 

Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer - I absolutely love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but sometimes I find it a bit thick for using under my eyes. I bought the Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer as it's targeted for under eye use. As it's illuminating, it helps to hide any dark circles. I don't think this concealer lasts as long as the Lasting Perfection Concealer, but it's easy to pop in your handbag and top when you need to. I will continue to buy this concealer. I actually have a spare one in my drawer! 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

8 comments:

  1. I love the mint original source - the tingle makes my skin feel so fresh!

    Be great if you could check out my latest NOTD post: Jessica GELeration in Venus Was Her Name by Nail And Beauty, Cheshire.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shower gel sounds so nice, I love citrus scents x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them too but I think I prefer other scents over citrus.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. I love the lime shower gel! The lemon one is great too! I need to try out that concealer!


    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...