Goals for 2016 - Life Goals | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Goals for 2016 - Life Goals

Friday 8 January 2016

Goals for 2016 - Life Goals

Continuing on from my blog goals for 2016 which you can read here, here are my life goals for 2016.

Fully embrace Mindfulness
Switch off from technology
Create a cleaning routine
Read more
Fitness

In 2015, I discovered Mindfulness and I have began using some of the techniques in my everyday life and I can already notice a small difference in the way I feel and the way I see life. In 2016, I would like to fully embrace Mindfulness and incorporate meditation in my everyday routine. I plan on scheduling time in my ECLP for this and I'm sure I will see a massive difference. I have lots of books on Mindfulness and a few colouring books so this is also something I want to embrace in 2016.

I spend so much time on my phone and I am a total procrastinator! The first thing I do when I wake up is check social media and the last thing I do before I go to sleep is check social media. Inbetween all that, I check social media about a billion times! It is really out of hand. I come home from work, sit on the couch, reach for my phone and spend at least an hour scrolling through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. When I've finished scrolling through my timeline, I do it all over again. I want to allocate an evening a week where I switch off from technology completely. I can indulge in a book, colour in my many colouring books, play a board game with my husband the list goes on. I'm too busy reading about other people's lives than living my own.

Three years we have lived in our house and we do not have a proper cleaning routine. Probably because I procrastinate and spend all evening on my phone. Ideally, I would like to allocate 30 minutes to 1 hour a day where I clean one room. Each day will equal a different room and it means I don't have to clean the whole house on a Saturday or Sunday which is too overwhelming and I just don't do anything. You guessed it - I'm going to use my ECLP to plan this and then I have the satisfaction of ticking it off when it is complete!

I love reading but these days I seem to grab my phone more often that I grab a book. I have so many unread books that I'm dying to read but no time to read them. There is also a list of new books that I want to buy but I am not allowing myself until I have read some of the 'to be read' pile. I am thinking of scheduling reading time in my ECLP even if it's just 1 chapter a day or 15 minutes. I'm sure I'll soon catch the bug again. I can't sleep without reading first but it's always my phone that I read instead of a book!

I know every Tom, Dick and Harry includes some sort of fitness goal/resolution but I seriously need to do something before it gets out of hand or it's too late. I do ZERO exercise and my body knows it. I struggle up more than one flight of stairs, my knees and back always hurt and I'm always tired. My husband is a personal trainer which sounds perfect but it doesn't work very well as husband and wife. Every time we've given it a try, we always end up falling out! Maybe we'll try again in 2016 but first, I need to catch the fitness bug that I see so many people have. I hate the gym. It is just not my thing and I do NOT run! I try Just Dance and Zumba on the Wii but it doesn't last very long. There are some great fitness videos on Youtube and now I have a Chromecast, I could use those. My eating habits have improved in 2015 but I need to include more fruit and vegetables in 2016. I would like to plan meals more effectively and use it to buy our groceries.

What are your life goals/resolutions for 2016?

Rachel x

P.S. If you want your own Erin Condren Life Planner, you can get $10 off here

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...