Did I stick to my 2015 resolutions? | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Did I stick to my 2015 resolutions?

Monday 4 January 2016

Did I stick to my 2015 resolutions?

For 2015, I didn't make the usual resolutions as I never keep them. I tried something different and instead I made six beauty resolutions, which I thought would be easier to stick to. Before I make any new resolutions (or goals), I thought it would be fun to reflect back on my old resolutions and see whether I succeeded in sticking to them. Read on to find out what those resolutions were and whether I managed to achieve them.

1. Take my makeup off when I'm home from work

When I get home from work, I usually sit in my makeup all night and wait until I'm getting ready for bed before I remove it. I made this resolution because I wanted to let me skin breathe for longer and be makeup free for longer than I'm in makeup. I have to admit this didn't work out how I hoped it would. This has probably only happened in the Winter as I've wanted to put my PJs on much earlier. I have been having more makeup free days this year so I suppose that's a positive!

2. Wash my makeup brushes at least once a week

Hahahahahahah! As if! What is it about cleaning makeup brushes? I always put if off and off for ages and ages until I'm physically repulsed and can't use them again! Then when I do wash them, I always think to myself - that didn't take too long but that never urges me on next time! I'm fortunate that I have a few foundation brushes and a few powder brushes so when they are dirty, I just grab a clean one. The only problem with that - I then have all my brushes to wash at once and it takes forever! Hopefully I'm going to be more organised in 2016 with my Erin Condren Life Planner when it arrives. I'm planning on scheduling time to clean my brushes once a week or at least once a fortnight! Let's be realistic!

3. Use a face mask twice a week

I feel like this has been one of the resolutions that I have stuck to the most. I'm not saying I used a face mask twice a week every week but I have used face masks a lot more in 2015. Some weeks, I applied one twice a week but other weeks I just applied one once a week. Don't get me wrong there were still weeks where I didn't even touch a facemask but I'm getting there! I'm hoping 2016 will be the year I fully embrace face masks as I plan on allocating times in my ECLP for 'me time'. 

4. Moisturise my body at least twice a week

Throughout 2015, I would say I moisturised my body all year round but only once a week rather than my goal of twice a week. I'm happy with this and I'm sure this will increase in 2016 as I'm loving taking those extra minutes to care for my body. It's just about gradually adding things into your routine so it becomes the norm. Plus it has meant that I've been able to use up some of my stash as I had (and still have) so many body butters and lotions! 

5. Paint my nails and toenails more often

I say I have probably painted my nails a little more than 2014 but not much. I love having painted nails and I love nail polish - I have almost 100 bottles - but it's the waiting for it to dry that puts me off. Plus my husband doesn't like the smell and if I paint my nails in the same room as him, he gets a headache. I would love to paint my nails as I watch TV but I usually watch TV with my husband so it isn't gonna happen! Throughout December, I've actually been to the nail salon and had gel nails applied twice. It's been so much easier while I've been so busy but it's takes the fun away and I cannot afford to keep up that habit! My toe nails have been neglected and probably will be until Spring! At least I'm honest!

6. Be more adventurous with eyeshadow

During 2015, I have worn eyeshadow a lot more. I've worn it for everyday activities rather than just saving it for special occasions. My favourite palette of 2015 has definitely been this one (spoiler alert for my 2015 favourites!) and it has allowed me to experiment more it contains colours I didn't already own. At the end of November, eczema flared up on my eyelids quite badly so I haven't been able to wear eyeshadow for the whole of November and December! I was gutted especially at Christmas especially as I have never suffered from eczema before! 

Did you manage to stick to your 2015 resolutions/goals?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...