Goals for 2016 - Blog Goals | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Goals for 2016 - Blog Goals

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Goals for 2016 - Blog Goals

I originally planned this as one post but it became so long that I thought it would be best if I split it into two. 

I'm feeling really positive and excited for 2016. I haven't felt like this for a long time. I can only put it down to the Erin Condren Life Planner that is about to be delivered and it is genuinely exciting me about planning my life. In 2014, I made the usual resolutions which I failed at sticking to so in 2015, I decided to mix it up a little and I just made beauty resolutions. Those beauty resolutions are still ongoing and you can read all about them here.

For 2016, I wanted to make a mixture of goals, rather than New Year Resolutions, for personal aspects of my life as well as my blog. Half way through 2015, I felt uninspired and unmotivated to blog and took a massive break. Now I'm back and I'm excited for Lost In Lipstick in 2016 (and beyond) and this year is going to my best yet!

Blog more frequently 
Learn how to take better photographs 
Learn how to edit photographs 
Attend more blog events and meetups 
Join in twitter chats more often

I'm going to using the monthly pages of my ECLP to plan all my blog posts in advance and as I will be using my planner everyday, my blog will benefit. As I work full time, I know trying to blog more than three times a week is unrealistic (for me) but when I put my mind to it and allocate time for my blog it is achievable. The three days I have chosen are Monday, Wednesday and Friday but I may change this depending on how they work out.

My blog photography has really got to me recently and I have not been happy with it at all. It has stopped me publishing so many blog posts as I'm so unhappy with how it looks. I don't think the weather has been helping as the lighting has been awful. I work Monday to Friday and at the moment I drive to work in the dark and I drive home in the dark. Therefore, all my blog photography has to be taken at the weekend. I have to be super organised with this as there can be weekends where I'm just so busy or it rains all weekend and the lighting is rubbish. Hopefully, as I plan my blog posts more carefully and in advance, I can schedule time to take my blog photos in advance therefore if the lighting isn't great, I can wait until the weekend after.

Linking to this, I want to learn how to edit my blog photos. During Spring and Summer because the lighting is better, I can get away with just touching it up a little. However, this Winter, I have become aware of my skills, or lack of, when it comes to editing. I plan on doing lots of research and playing around with the programs I use until I am happy. If you have any advice or know of any great blog posts on photographs, point me in the right direction.

In 2014, I attended lots of events and blog meetups which was great and I made so many new friends. Because of my blogging break, which was over summer, I missed out on so many events and meetups. There's always many more events in Manchester during Summer which I'm grateful for as no one likes going out in the dark and rain! Hopefully, in 2016, I get invited to lots of events which create great opportunities and attend meetups and meet new friends.

I love taking part in twitter chats and my favourite is the #bbloggers chat. The problem is my brain is useless and forgetful so when I remember it's a Wednesday or Sunday evening and the chat is taking place, I look at the time and damn it's 9pm and I missed it. I'm going to schedule these in my ECLP as they are a great way of meeting new bloggers and also a great networking tool. There are so many twitter chats out there that I don't know of so I would be grateful if you could share your favourites.

What are your blog goals/resolutions for 2016?

Rachel x

P.S. If you want your own Erin Condren Life Planner, you can get $10 off here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...