TGI Friday's Live Art and Cocktail Evening | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: TGI Friday's Live Art and Cocktail Evening

Saturday 16 November 2013

TGI Friday's Live Art and Cocktail Evening


Image from TGI Friday's
Last Thursday, I was invited to attend a fabulous event at TGI Friday's in Manchester. There are two restaurants in Manchester; Trafford Centre and Royal Exchange, which was where this event was held. When an email landed in my inbox, I was super excited. The event sounded amazing and I love TGI Friday's. Very kindly, I was allowed to bring a +1, my sister was the lucky lady chosen.

Arriving at 6pm, we were briefed on the event and the different things happening on the night. We were also handed a voucher which entitled us to three complimentary cocktails. On the night, three cocktails were being showcased; Popping Candy Strawberry Margarita, Passionate Rose and Lemon Meringue Pie. We decided to share cocktails, that way we could try six different ones! We chose Popping Candy Strawberry Margarita, Cherry Stag, Jack Southern Belle, Lemon Meringue Pie, Canada Goose and Umpa Lumpa. 

Cherry Stag & Popping Candy Strawberry Margarita

Jack Southern Belle & Lemon Meringue Pie

Canada Goose & Umpa Lumpa


The fabulous event was organised by Telegraph Hill. Project Producer Tom Harvey said "We didn't just want to stage another blogger event, where people turn up and may not write about what they've seen. We wanted to really engage our attendees and representing the cocktails as pieces of art is how we decided to do it." It was obvious how much thought and effort had gone into making the event a success. In my eyes, it was a massive success and probably the best event I have ever been to. 

The main idea behind the event was to celebrate the new cocktail menu, which is being showcased as 100 unique works of art. Three amazingly talented Manchester based artists were invited to transform the three cocktails into artwork, inspired by the colours, flavours and origins. 

Erin Echo was responsible for representing Popping Candy Strawberry Margarita. She chose Polaroids as her choice of media; creating a fantastic piece of art representing a giant cocktail glass. She also very kindly created our very own works of art to take home - a Polaroid portrait based on our twitter profile picture.

Image from TGI Friday's





Image from TGI Friday's


Millie Connors, an amazing textile artist created a Lemon Meringue Pie made of felt! She also held a mini master class on the night to create and take home our very own slice of lemon meringue. As I am only a beginner sewer, Millie helped me quite a lot! Thank you! But I did half of the sewing and I'm pretty proud of my efforts. 



My masterpiece! 


Image from TGI Friday's
Caroline Dowsett was hard at work all night creating a romantic portrait inspired by the cocktail Passionate Rose. She created her own love story depicting two lovers falling for each other over a Passionate Rose cocktail. 



Image from TGI Friday's
During the night, we also had the opportunity to try some of the dishes from the new tapas menu. Every single one that I tried was delicious and I cannot wait until my next trip to TGI Friday's to taste more! Some of the delicious dishes we tried were; BBQ Houmous & Dips, Chicken Skewers & Jack Daniels Glaze, Meatball Sliders, Sam Adams Chili Cheese Dip & Pretzels, Taquito Bites and Jack Daniels Cajun Battered Shrimp with Jack Daniels Glaze. In my opinion, the tapas menu is great quality for money - 3 dishes for £12.99 or 5 dishes for £19.99 - perfect to share with friends. 


I had such a lovely evening with my sister. Thank you so much to TGI Friday's Manchester Royal Exchange and Telegraph Hill for creating a memorable night. I cannot wait for my next visit!

Are you a fan of TGI Friday's? What's your favourite cocktail?
Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...