August Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: August Empties

Thursday 12 September 2013

August Empties


Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel - I started using this in January and I've only just finished it but it's not the only shower gel I used in that time. I absolutely loved this shower gel; it smelt delicious, it was the perfect formula and it was moisturising. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's in this years' Best Of giftset but if it's not then I will definitely be repurchasing. 

Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo - I use this shampoo once a week or once every two weeks just to deep cleanse my hair. I've stopped using shampoo and conditioner with SLS in but some of the treatments I use, contain them. Eventually, I plan on never using products containing SLS but a few months ago, I went crazy and bought a lot of products so I need to use them up first. This is actually a really good shampoo and deep cleansing my hair. It removes any build up and I also use it if my hair is a little greasy. I actually have two more bottles as it was buy one, get one free a while back!

Neal & Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment - I received this in a gift set one Christmas from my parents, along with a beautifully scented candle. Unfortunately, the candle burned a long time ago but due to my large haircare collection, this treatment seemed to last a lot longer. As my hair is in such bad condition, I applied this after conditioner to the ends of my hair. It provided it with an extra boost of moisture. I'm still undecided whether I liked the smell or not.  In my opinion, it smelt like glue! 

Dove Invisible Dry Anti-Perspirant - A random empty and not one I usually include in my monthly empties but I wanted to talk about it and I didn't want to write a whole blog post on deodorant! I prefer a spray deodorant as they are more hygienic than roll ons, however, long term they get on my chest and leave me with a nasty cough. Because of this, the majority of the time, I use a roll on but occasionally use a spray. I used this when it was in the regular can before it was compressed into a smaller can.  It's a fantastic idea to reduce waste and supposedly, they contain the same amount and you use the same amount as before, but I can't help think it didn't last me as long.  Does anyone else feel this way? 

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - Another month, another Cleanse & Polish. I've actually just bought the Limited Edition Grapefruit and Patchouli one, which smells delicious. However, I am having a few issues with the pump. It isn't dispensing a measured amount and I'm having to pump it several times to get enough for my face.  A tiny bit just spurts out each time. I'm guessing I have a faulty one.  

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion - This has been a lifesaver over Summer. I suffer from hayfever and it affects my eyes quite a bit. When I woke up in the morning, my eyes would be puffy and stuck together. I would soak two cotton wool pads and bathe my eyes for about five minutes and my eyes felt refreshed and awake afterwards. I definitely recommend Eyebright if you suffer from hayfever or something similar. It has only been a lifesaver at 6am and I've had a bad nights sleep. It helps me feel (and look) more awake!

Skinetica Anti-Blemish* - I have been very lucky that I have received two of these in goodie bags. So when this bottle ran out, I was able to continue using it. Although, it contains alcohol, it doesn't leave my face feeling dry. I use it at least once a day, sometimes twice, by sweeping a soaked cotton wool pad across my face and leaving it to dry before I apply the next step in my skincare. It only takes a minute to dry and I usually check Instagram while I'm waiting!

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (sample) - I received this as a sample when I ordered from Clarins online. I first heard Lily Melrose talk about it and she seemed to love it. I like the formula how it was a gel and turned into an oil but I don't think it was suitable for my skin. Clarins suggests it's suitable for all skin types, just obviously not mine. It broke me out and gave me lots of little spots under the skin. 

Soap & Glory Hand Food - I will definitely repurchase this but I secretly hope it's in a gift set this Christmas! The hand cream sinks in perfectly leaving my hands feeling soft and moisturised. It's an added bonus that it smells delicious. Soap & Glory was a brand I only discovered last Christmas and I have definitely been missing out. Every product that I've tried so far, I've loved. 

Hugo Boss Orange Woman - I bought this perfume a while back, probably about two years ago. I was out shopping with one of my best friends and we spotted it, smelt it and bought it! It's lasted me as long as it has because at one point I had five different perfumes which I rotated. I kept it away from hear and out of direct sunlight which prevents perfume from expiring earlier. I love this perfume and I will probably repurchase at somepoint. I'm not very good at describing scents so I'll leave it to the experts! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - No empties post would be complete without a Collection concealer. This month it's the infamous Lasting Perfection Concelaer. One of these tubes seems to last me about two months. Maybe a little less but I do use it everyday and a lot as I have lots of spots to conceal!! 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...