Origins Super Spot Remover - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Origins Super Spot Remover - Review

Monday 8 October 2012

Origins Super Spot Remover - Review


After reading several million(!) reviews online and the fact that there was a massive hype about this product, I decided to purchase it. I actually bought it from the John Lewis counter in the Trafford Centre. On the day, there was 10% off everything. Bonus! I was served by a very helpful, young woman, she asked about my skin and told me about the different products that would be suitable for me. I actually really wanted to buy the Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Pads as well, but I decided to see if the gel worked first.

The directions on the packaging advise applying a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily. The woman that spoke to me at the counter advised me slightly differently. I followed her recommendations rather than the directions on the packaging. She suggested using the product once a day, at night time, after cleansing. This was based on the gel turning white after it had dried. However, since using it for a month I haven't noticed it turning white.

I suffer from mild acne, since using the gel my spots have improved slightly but this may be down to the antibiotics that I am on for them. I haven't noticed a difference in the small spots that I have but when I apply the gel (with a cotton bud) to new, bigger spots I do notice a difference in the size and redness but the spot doesn't disappear completely. Which I found disappointing as the product is called Super Spot Remover!

As I said above, I have been using this product for a month now. I apply it once a day, at night time, after I have used Liz Earle Daily Essentials. Since using Liz Earle skin care products, being on antibiotics and using this gel my skin has improved so much. But my spots haven't vanished completely, which is disappointing. I would have to say that I don't believe the gel is worth the hype or the £13, this is my personal opinion. There are lots of reviews out there and the majority can't praise it enough. But it doesn't do anything for me or my skin and for that reason, I will not repurchase. However, I will continue to use it till it's gone! Maybe, I will try to use it twice a day. I'm just unsure whether it can be applied on top of make up or not. I won't give up just yet!

Have you used Origins Super Spot Remover? Have you tried the Spot Blemish Treatment Pads?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...