January Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: January Empties

Saturday 22 February 2014

January Empties


Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo - This is my second bottle and I would definitely repurchase. I am currently trying out the L'Oreal Ever Sleek range but if that doesn't live up to the high expectations set by Liz Earle hair care, I will be repurchasing. I love everything about this shampoo from the smell to the way it makes my hair feel. It doesn't contain any nasty chemicals so I know it is only good for my hair. I don't have any problems with it lathering up but if I feel like it isn't creating a lather, I just add more water rather than shampoo.

Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair - I also love the conditioner from Liz Earle. It comes in three different formulas so you can tailor it to your hair's needs. I use the dry and damaged version as my hair is so dry and damaged from years of heat and colour. I have reviewed the shampoo and conditioner in full on my blog, you can read it here.

La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution - I have tried several different Micellar Waters now. I like quite a few products from La Roche-Posay so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't dislike the product but I didn't love it either. I didn't feel it was worth the money as I had used drugstore versions that were just as good. La Roche-Posay's offering to the Micellar Water craze costs £11.50, which is quite expensive considering I wasn't wowed by the product. I don't think I would repurchased this again as I am in love with the Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution! 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - As Micellar Water is fairly expensive, I continue to buy Simple Eye Make Up Remover to remove my eye make up (obviously!) as it only costs around 3 pounds where as my Bioderma Micellar Water costs about £10 so I don't want to waste it on my eyes. Plus my eyes are super sensitive and I know that this make up remover doesn't sting them that much. 

Skinetica Anti-Blemish* - I think this is my second bottle of Skinetica and I quite like the stuff. It doesn't sting and it doesn't break me out. I would say quite the opposite and it helps to clear up my spots. It does contain alcohol but I never found it to be drying. Maybe if you have dry skin to start with just be cautious. 

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination Skin - I love Liz Earle moisturisers. I have used this one along with the light version for oily/combination skin. I saved this one for my evening skincare routine so my skin had an extra boost of moisture overnight. The scent is lovely but not too strong if you're sensitive to scents. 

Impluse Body Spray in Tease - Still my chosen body spray for work. I do feel like I'm too old to still use body spray but it's always on offer for 99p and why waste my perfume at work when I work with children?! Does anyone else still use body spray over the age of 25? I love the scent of this and it actually lasts a fair amount of time for a body spray. 

Collection Colour Lash All Day Mascara in Clear - My £1.99 brow gel! It does the trick and it doesn't make my eyebrows crispy! I apply a little to each brow and go over with a brow comb which removes any excess. It keeps my stray eyebrows in place all day long. 

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer - As I find Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer too thick for under my eyes, this is my concealer of choice. I use the lightest shade and it gives an instant boost to my eye area. It helps to cover dark circles and adds dimension to my face by illuminating the eyes. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - I suffer from oily skin so I like to apply a powder to set my make up and keep the shine away. This does the job perfectly at a bargain price! My skin isn't overly oily so I don't need to reapply throughout the day but it does keep my skin looking matte for several hours. 

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products? 

Rachel x 
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...