Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'eau Eau de Toilette - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'eau Eau de Toilette - Review

Saturday 1 February 2014

Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'eau Eau de Toilette - Review





For Christmas, I received a little bit of money. I had never bought anything from the online sales on Christmas Day or Boxing Day so this year I thought I would have a browse and see if I could find any goodies. From last year, I remember everyone raving about the Space NK sale so that's the first place I looked. I wasn't that impressed to be honest but I bought a couple of things. I couldn't resist adding this to my basket for £34! I have never smelt any Diptyque perfumes before so I bought it completely on a whim, using the description alone to help me decide which scent to go for. After about half an hour of reading descriptions, I settled for L'ombre Dans L'eau Eau de Toilette.

I wouldn't like to even attempt to describe the scent so here is what Space NK say "Like a glorious green riverside English garden, L'Ombre Dans L'eau is fresh and delicate, yet luscious, too. Amid the rustling of petals and fruit trees, roses blend with blackcurrant leaves in a bouquet that is heady, sensual and sophisticated. From the legendary French perfume house, Diptyque, L'Ombre Dans L'eau is worn and adored by both women and men. This warm and captivating fragrance is ideal for evening wear."

I absolutely love this perfume. It has quickly become one of my favourites. As it's an Eau de Toilette, it doesn't last long so I add a couple of sprays throughout the day to top up the scent. Rory has even commented that he likes the scent on me, although I'm not sure he would wear it himself. I would say it's too floral and feminine for men to wear but they can definitely adore it on women.

Diptyque have redesigned the bottles to a sleeker rounder design which is beautiful but as I bought this for half the price, I'm not bothered what the bottle looks like. L'ombre Dans L'eau translates to The Shadow in the Water which is actually a really pretty name for perfume and makes me want to find out what all the other Diptyque perfume names translate to. There's no way I can afford a Diptyque perfume at the full price so I may start a new tradition and buy one every year in the half price sale. That way I can slowly build up my collection!

Do you own any Diptyque perfumes? Which scents do you recommend?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...