Spring Bucket List | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Spring Bucket List

Monday 21 March 2016

Spring Bucket List

Now that it is officially Spring, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of all the things that I would like to do in Spring. There are a few of these floating around on Pinterest but they are all aimed at children. Although I have included a few child friendly ones like decorate eggs and go on a Easter Egg Hunt because we will be spending Easter Weekend with some of our nieces.

Spring Clean - I love a good Spring Clean although to be honest I love the feeling afterwards rather than during! Last year, I completed it during the two weeks that I was off for half term. This year we are away for the first week so hopefully I will get it all done in my last week.

Swap out Winter wardrobe - It's time to swap those thick jumpers for light loose layers. I love wearing bright colourful clothes and Spring is the perfect time to embrace pastels. 

Bake Easter goodies - There are so many great recipes online these days and they allow us to make the most of chocolate that is around for a limited time. I love making the classics like Creme Egg Brownies and Chocolate Nests adorned with Mini Eggs.


Fill the house with fresh flowers - Seasonal flowers hit us early this year and I've already had bunches of tulips and daffodils in the house. I love fresh flowers - they brighten up everyone's mood and allow you to bring the outdoors in. 

Go for a picnic - As the weather gets warmer, I love packing a picnic basket and going to a local park to enjoy our goodies. You can make it as easy or complicated as you like. You could even buy ready made sandwiches and just grab a blanket.

Visit a farm to see the baby animals - Spring is the best time to visit a farm as you'll get to see all the baby animals. Some farms even let you hold and feed the animals.

Decorate eggs - When I was younger, I used to love painting eggs. You could also buy chocolate eggs and decorate those!  

Go for a bike ride - I have wanted to go a bike ride for ages now but I didn't have a bike. Last year my dad got a new one and gave me his old one. Hopefully we can get out on our bikes and enjoy the scenery while getting exercise!

Plant some flowers or seeds - This probably makes me really old, but I am really getting into gardening. I even bought a gardening book the other week! I love planting flowers and seeds in Spring to enjoy throughout the Summer. 

Have a barbecue - This is one for late Spring unless we have unusually warm weather in March/April. I love having family over and hosting a barbecue for us to enjoy. Also an excuse to enjoy Pimms!

Decorate your home for Spring - Last year, I started decorating my house seasonally. It started in September when I added autumnal items like pine cones and a squirrel ornament. For Spring, I will be adding flowers and pastel coloured items.


Go for a walk - I love going for walks all year round but especially so in Spring when daffodils, tulips and crocuses are blooming, new leaves are growing on trees and blossom. I love looking at blossom!

Open the windows - I love being able to open the windows in Spring and Summer to let in the fresh air. I hardly ever do in the Winter as it's usually just so cold and I'm always freezing!

Go to the zoo - I like to go to the zoo at least once a year and I thought it would probably be better to go in Spring. There will be more babies around at this time of year also it won't be as busy as the Summer months.

Easter Egg Hunt - I am a big kid at heart and I haven't had an excuse to do an Easter Egg Hunt for years. As I mentioned earlier, we are spending Easter Weekend with nieces and hopefully we will do an Easter Egg Hunt together.

Have a bonfire - I'm cheating a little here as I wouldn't have an actual bonfire. Instead I will light our chiminea as the evening gets cooler when we have our barbecue. 

Fly a kite - Our last attempt at kite flying was an epic fail. Hopefully this year we will get the perfect kite flying conditions. Let's go fly a kite...

Eat hot cross buns - I'm not even a massive fan of hot cross buns but it's something that has to be done at Easter. Better still bake your own.

Feed the ducks - I love feeding the ducks when we go on walks by the canal or to parks but you're not supposed to feed them bread. You can Google the reasons why and find alternatives that you can feed them.

Watch a sunrise/sunset - How romantic would it be to watch the Spring sunrise or sunset with your loved one. I saw a beautiful sunset the other day. The whole sky was red. I wish I had a camera with me (I didn't even have my phone!)

What's on your Spring bucket list?

Rachel x

Follow me on Bloglovin' | Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on Instagram | Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...