My Netflix Recommendations Part 1 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My Netflix Recommendations Part 1

Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Netflix Recommendations Part 1


These days I hardly watch anything on actual TV instead I can spend hours at a time binge watching my favourite series on Netflix. I thought I would share some of my favourites just incase you haven't seen them and are looking for something new to watch.Please note: these are in no particular order. I couldn't choose a favourite. Also, this post was getting pretty long so I have decided to split it into two parts.


American Horror Story - This is an anthology series as each season is a separate story line (although there are links between some). This means that you don't have to start at season 1 and if you just can't get into a storyline, you can skip that one and watch the next. They star some of the same actors and actresses but they play different characters in each season. I have to admit I found it difficult to get used to the same actor playing a different character after season 1 but you quickly get used to it as you get caught up with the story line. Currently there are 4 seasons available to watch on Netflix; Murder House, Asylum, Coven and Freak Show. There is another season, season 5 - Hotel, but this isn't available on Netflix just yet.


Once Upon a Time - This is a fairy tale drama series and if you're a fan of Disney, you will love it. Even if you're not, I recommend you give it a try. My husband did and after two episodes he was hooked. There are so many twists in the story line and it definitely keeps you on your toes! Think of it as Disney with a dark, grown up slant. There are 4 complete seasons on Netflix and half of season 5 which has just continued and you can catch a brand new episode every Wednesday.



Orange is the New Black - OITNB is an American comedy-drama series following the stories of Piper Chapman and her fellow inmates at Litchfield Penitentiary, a minimum-security women's federal prison. There are currently 3 seasons on Netflix with a fourth season on it's way this Summer! Netflix always drop the whole season on the same day which allows fans to binge watch the entire season but then you have to wait a year until the next season. I *try* and spread it out over a few weeks at least but my will power isn't always that strong!



Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - This is an American sitcom which follows 29-year-old Kimmy Schmidt as she adjusts to life in New York City after her rescue from a doomsday cult in Indiana where she and three other women were held by Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne for 15 years. It's absolutely hilarious and Kimmy has such a positive attitude as she gets thrown into adulthood in a busy city. There is only 1 season on Netflix at the moment but season 2 will hit our screens in April. They have also announced that there will be a third season!


How I Met Your Mother - HIMYM follows the main character, Ted Mosby, and his group of friends in Manhattan. As a framing device, Ted, in the year 2030, recounts to his son and daughter the events that led him to meeting their mother. It stars Alyson Hannigan, Jason Segel and my favourite character Barney is played by Neil Patrick Harris. There are a whopping 9 seasons available to watch and although I have seen many on TV, I haven't seen all so I started at the beginning on Netflix and I'm currently on season 3.


Suits - This is an American legal drama TV series. The focal point of the show follows talented college dropout Mike Ross, who works as a law associate for Harvey Specter despite never actually attending law school. The show focuses on Harvey and Mike managing to close cases while maintaining Mike's secret. There are 3 seasons currently available on Netflix but there are 5 seasons in total. I think a new episode is played each week on Dave but as I haven't seen season 4, I'm waiting for them to come to Netflix.

Do you have any recommendations for me? Have you watched any of my recommendations? Which is your favourite? 

Rachel x

P.S. I'll publish Part 2 next week

Follow me on Bloglovin' | Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on Instagram | Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...